Rumours

Re: Rumours

Lebowski 10 Aug 2019 08:20 am said..

All they’re actually saying is we may be in the hunt for a hooker and they’ve quoted the two obvious names. They clearly know diddly squat.
Lebowski

coleser 10 Aug 2019 08:36 am said..

Yep. Marx and Visagie linked with a move to Gloucester.

I have a slight sense of foreboding, looking at that tweet and the one following it. There’s another position we could be in the market for and there might be some bad news incoming.

Call me a prophet of doom but ‘Cipriani to France’ is swirling around my mind, mind.
coleser
Vice-Captain

Peanutcoxy 10 Aug 2019 08:44 am said..

coleser wrote:Yep. Marx and Visagie linked with a move to Gloucester.

I have a slight sense of foreboding, looking at that tweet and the one following it. There’s another position we could be in the market for and there might be some bad news incoming.

Call me a prophet of doom but ‘Cipriani to France’ is swirling around my mind, mind.

Prophet of Doom. It doesn’t make sense to me. It was just a tweeter with nothing serious to say
The older I get the faster I was
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

Sozpr 10 Aug 2019 09:05 am said..

Whilst the signing of another hooker with the credentials of Marx would be amazing, personally I would see this as highly detrimental to the progress of Henry Walker who showed last year that he has some serious potential. I was hoping to see him get some game time this season.

Unless this is short term injury cover, how long is Hanson going to be out for?
Sozpr
Vice-Captain

tibbles 10 Aug 2019 09:10 am said..

Only tweet I can see doesn't mention a team - Glawsterrrrr seems to be merely added to heighten excitement on here - pure speculation, sorry to say!!

Happy to be proved wrong :-)
tibbles
Turns out for the A team

foresterinyorks 10 Aug 2019 09:17 am said..

tibbles wrote:Only tweet I can see doesn't mention a team - Glawsterrrrr seems to be merely added to heighten excitement on here - pure speculation, sorry to say!!

Happy to be proved wrong :-)

Yes, that was my impression.
Never Stay Down.
foresterinyorks
Hall of Famer

ShedOrDead 10 Aug 2019 09:44 am said..

I've long been cautious of anything that RugbyDump, RugbyInsideLine and the rest churn out on Twitter as rumours... read their choice of language, admire the amount of space their grant themselves to role backwards: "TRANSFER RUMOUR: We have been told that...". Always suspicious...

However, I've now heard this rumour from three separate Glaws fans independently. This could be a case of the three getting all of this from the same (incorrect) source, but I do think there is a little more than the usual 'sniffing about in the market' in this case. Jaco Visage is welcome back in my book as his mid-season cameo was excellent... but if Malcom Marx joined - even for the back end of one season - I would be absolutely thrilled beyond belief: he's been the world's best 2 over this RWC cycle and despite the quality Glaws already have there, Marx is absolutely next level: his impact on the front row would be akin to Mostert's on the second row.

In short, yes please. Humphreys, get it done sir!
ShedOrDead
On the board

SirHenry 10 Aug 2019 09:46 am said..

Bad news could well be that one of our injured players (Hanson, Williams) may be out much longer than we would hope.
The frightening thing is not dying, the frightening thing is not living
SirHenry
On the board

Kingfisher 10 Aug 2019 09:49 am said..

coleser wrote:Yep. Marx and Visagie linked with a move to Gloucester.

Sam Roberts has said something this morning very similar, saying that Cipriani should be back in training and isn't. He also included a tweet of DC's with Jaco Kriel replying underneath 'He's alive!!' Which a couple of the Gloucester guys have liked.

The issue with having such a high profile player is that these stories will always come, whether they are right or not.
Kingfisher
First team regular

ElverEater 10 Aug 2019 10:32 am said..

I don't see why D.C. would be the face of our new kit campaign if he was planning on moving on. He was also at Gloucester Rugby for a photoshoot 3 weeks ago with some of the other boys. Also, his tweet in reply of Stephen Jones' tweet criticising Heinz's section was all in the present tense saying he is a pleasure to play with.
ElverEater
Vice-Captain
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby