Rumours

Re: Rumours

Chalker 10 Aug 2019 10:35 am said..

Welcome to the latest South African guesser thread.
Chalker
Hall of Famer

TP17 10 Aug 2019 11:37 am said..

My impression was that we are spending up to the cap. Because of this, the rumoured new hooker is probably being brought in as injury cover for Hanson. In which case, I’d guess that Visage would be the most likely. If it is Visage I would have no complaints because he was fantastic for us last season and I’d love to see him back. On the other hand, Marx is world class and would be a phenomenal player to see in Cherry and White.
TP17
Hall of Famer

Lebowski 10 Aug 2019 12:18 pm said..

Completely agree. Marx has just signed a long term deal in SA and is supposed to be going to Japan for a sabbatical. I could see that changing and him coming here as short-term injury cover.
Lebowski
Dude

King Prawn Bhuna 10 Aug 2019 12:34 pm said..

I love the assumption that it's a transfer-in...I've followed Gloucester long enough to assume it's the other way.... :D

Heinz to Saracens...........Just checked Companies House for Fifty Seven Developments Ltd....!!!!
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
King Prawn Bhuna

Lebowski 10 Aug 2019 12:39 pm said..

It’s not an assumption. It’s what they said.
Lebowski
Dude

Gb83 10 Aug 2019 12:50 pm said..

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:I love the assumption that it's a transfer-in...I've followed Gloucester long enough to assume it's the other way.... :D

Heinz to Saracens...........Just checked Companies House for Fifty Seven Developments Ltd....!!!!

I think Mark Atkinson accidentally dropped that Heinz has extended in the Gloucester pod cast.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

coleser 10 Aug 2019 14:37 pm said..

Lebowski wrote:It’s not an assumption. It’s what they said.

I’m obviously a bit gloomy because I assumed it was a transfer in because someone was leaving.
coleser
Hero in the making

colinboag 10 Aug 2019 18:36 pm said..

Coleser, have you anything other than gut feeling to suggest Cipriani might be off? Very odd to sign a lengthy contract extension and then get itchy feet a couple of months later. IMHO I'd be flabbergasted if there was anything in it.
Cherchez la truffe
colinboag
Hall of Famer

coleser 10 Aug 2019 20:13 pm said..

Just reading too much into the Rugby Inside Line tweets this morning, perhaps. There was a hint that we’d be looking to recruit in another position as well as hooker and a further tweet to a Gloucester supporter suggesting there was bad news on the way.
coleser
Hero in the making

Peanutcoxy 10 Aug 2019 20:57 pm said..

How easily one spurious tweet can lead to these sort of rumours
The older I get the faster I was
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby