Rumours

Re: Rumours

grunter 10 Aug 2019 21:05 pm said..

Lebowski wrote:Visagie? Where have you got that from? That would make no sense whatsoever to me.

Leb. It can't possibly be Visagie then, can it? ;)
grunter
On the board

Number10 10 Aug 2019 22:51 pm said..

coleser wrote:Just reading too much into the Rugby Inside Line tweets this morning, perhaps. There was a hint that we’d be looking to recruit in another position as well as hooker and a further tweet to a Gloucester supporter suggesting there was bad news on the way.

Bad news potentially trinder out for good injury? However everything I have seen recently suggests he is coming back well. But that would be a lot more likely than cips goong
Number10
Hall of Famer

Clive's Pants 11 Aug 2019 07:57 am said..

TP17 wrote:@RugbyInsideLine on twitter
“Transfer rumour tomorrow morning
It’s a big one!”
“GLAAAAAWSTER!”

Someone cynically trying to increase their site's numbers I think.
Clive's Pants
Hall of Famer

Lebowski 11 Aug 2019 08:22 am said..

grunter wrote:
Lebowski wrote:Visagie? Where have you got that from? That would make no sense whatsoever to me.

Leb. It can't possibly be Visagie then, can it? ;)

Lol. In my defence I thought we were talking about proper signings in which case it still makes no sense to me unless Hanson’s injury is far more serious than originally reported.

If it’s just short term injury cover then fair enough, but I don’t think anybody had mentioned that at the time. :)
Lebowski
Dude

King Prawn Bhuna 11 Aug 2019 09:58 am said..

Lebowski wrote:It’s not an assumption. It’s what they said.

Sorry me being lazy, I didn't realise there was more than..

@RugbyInsideLine on twitter
“Transfer rumour tomorrow morning
It’s a big one!”
“GLAAAAAWSTER!”

...which didn't say in or out...
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
King Prawn Bhuna

colinboag 11 Aug 2019 12:40 pm said..

The sooner we get some meaningful club rugby the better!
Cherchez la truffe
colinboag
Hall of Famer

Re:

The Shuthonger One 12 Aug 2019 09:16 am said..

Glen Sannox wrote:The sooner we get some meaningful club rugby the better!

What’s that to do with the contents of the Rumours thread?
The Shuthonger One
Hero in the making

colinboag 12 Aug 2019 10:23 am said..

More rugby, less speculative rumours!
Cherchez la truffe
colinboag
Hall of Famer

Tj36 12 Aug 2019 10:36 am said..

Twitter chat saying Cips to Toronto Wolfhounds.....
Tj36
Vice-Captain

ShedOrDead 12 Aug 2019 10:39 am said..

Glen Sannox wrote:More rugby, less speculative rumours!

1,415 pages into this thread, I'd say that it's a bit late to suggest that... :roll:

Taking your point more seriously though, there is quite the tendency for some of the rumours get whipped up unnecessarily. This has not been helped in recent times by the fact that Glawster's prime No.10 is both an outstandingly talented rugby play and a reluctant media darling. RugbyInsideLine (yup... them again) have already circulated the week-old rumour linking him to Toronto; I can't not be cynical here, to me mind this is RIL expecting him to not make the plane to Japan and to cash in on clicks once the "DANNY CIPRIANI MISSES OUT ON ENGLAND RWC SQUAD" headlines start rolling... but back to your specific point Glen, with organisations such as this operating in the modern media landscape, the vast majority of output unfortunately falls into the category of "speculative rumour", as opposed to "news" or "analysis".

Roll on the Rugby, and the real issues such as the price of a Pork Roll at Kingsholm and the inaudible PA system in the Shed.
ShedOrDead
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby