Rumours

Re: Rumours

Allez Glaws 13 Aug 2019 10:47 am said..

DieTrying wrote:
Tj36 wrote:Twitter chat saying Cips to Toronto Wolfhounds.....


https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/pa ... -eye-trio/


He's just signed a 3 year deal so good luck with that.

Can you imagine Cips trying to tackle in rugby league? I suppose going round the shoulders would be allowed there
Posts: 568
Allez Glaws
Hero in the making

Re: Rumours

Clive's Pants 13 Aug 2019 10:54 am said..

https//www.randombollextogethits.com/cantbelievepeoplefallforthiscrap/buttheydo

Danny ate my hamster!
Posts: 884  Location: Brummagem
Clive's Pants
On the board

Re: Rumours

Simmo468 13 Aug 2019 20:28 pm said..

Allez Glaws wrote:
DieTrying wrote:
Tj36 wrote:Twitter chat saying Cips to Toronto Wolfhounds.....


https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/pa ... -eye-trio/


He's just signed a 3 year deal so good luck with that.

Can you imagine Cips trying to tackle in rugby league? I suppose going round the shoulders would be allowed there


Seem to recall Castleford think similar with Solomona. All Cips would need to do is retire from rugby union. For what it’s worth I think it’s noise but going to RL is probably easier for him than another RU club.
Last edited by Simmo468 on 14 Aug 2019 05:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Posts: 1080
Simmo468
Hall of Famer

Re: Rumours

stuartjames 13 Aug 2019 20:47 pm said..

Do people on here not watch RL? DC woild be a non-tackling road block somewhere ahead of George Ford; he'd be battered in RL, perhaps even more so in the Championship with Toronto., at places like Leigh, Halifax and Bradford.
Posts: 901  Location: Belgium
stuartjames
On the board

Re: Rumours

MrGlawsRocker 13 Aug 2019 21:18 pm said..

Toronto was in financial difficulties, was paying people late and had to secure £5mil funding for this season. Numbers do not add up it's a non story.

Spoke to Matt of Rugby Inside Line, he says he was told by someone "in the industry" but I delve deep with numbers:

Say a rough estimate based on 2 seasons left on Cipriani contract around £6-700k then a sweetener to release him from his contract of £200k. If he has an offer of a supposed multi-million £ contract - 3 years they will be looking at £600k+ a season?

Nah I cannot see this holding water.
In Ackermann we Trust.
Posts: 970
User avatar
MrGlawsRocker
On the board

Re: Rumours

ShedOrDead 13 Aug 2019 21:27 pm said..

MrGlawsRocker wrote:Toronto was in financial difficulties, was paying people late and had to secure £5mil funding for this season. Numbers do not add up it's a non story.

Spoke to Matt of Rugby Inside Line, he says he was told by someone "in the industry" but I delve deep with numbers:

Say a rough estimate based on 2 seasons left on Cipriani contract around £6-700k then a sweetener to release him from his contract of £200k. If he has an offer of a supposed multi-million £ contract - 3 years they will be looking at £600k+ a season?

Nah I cannot see this holding water.

Well done for following this up. You say you 'Delved Deeper', was this with Matt from RIL or just yourself? If the former, what was the reply?
Posts: 873  Location: West Oxfordshire
ShedOrDead
On the board

Re: Rumours

MrGlawsRocker 14 Aug 2019 07:17 am said..

ShedOrDead wrote:
MrGlawsRocker wrote:Toronto was in financial difficulties, was paying people late and had to secure £5mil funding for this season. Numbers do not add up it's a non story.

Spoke to Matt of Rugby Inside Line, he says he was told by someone "in the industry" but I delve deep with numbers:

Say a rough estimate based on 2 seasons left on Cipriani contract around £6-700k then a sweetener to release him from his contract of £200k. If he has an offer of a supposed multi-million £ contract - 3 years they will be looking at £600k+ a season?

Nah I cannot see this holding water.

Well done for following this up. You say you 'Delved Deeper', was this with Matt from RIL or just yourself? If the former, what was the reply?


I delved deeper, first researched Toronto Wolfpack's financial situation.

Once I had that I looked at what Cipriani was earning this season followed by what the best 10's currently earned and came up with a rough average of what he'd be on per season.

I then looked at reports from other sites that said he'd be on a multi-million pound contract, well I'm going by what Matt said and if he has insiders why wouldn't other rugby pages? So I thought £1.5mil over 3 seasons doesn't seem out of the question.

Finally looking at buy out I roughed out the £200k as a sweetener (I think that is being kind imho).

If you add all that up with the financial situation they're in it really looks dubious at best, unless they have secured another big pay day, but I have not seen that in any reporting.

Matt... his response was that I must no more than the industry, I said all the information is out there and he only had to do some due diligence to see its weak.

He stopped talking to me now. Lol.
In Ackermann we Trust.
Posts: 970
User avatar
MrGlawsRocker
On the board

Re: Rumours

Lebowski 14 Aug 2019 10:49 am said..

Lmao. That doesn’t surprise me. Well done for researching it - something young Matt clearly doesn’t bother doing.

There is no money in Super League. To put things in perspective when teams play Catalan they fly to Perpignan and back in the same day! Could you imagine Gloucester or any other Union team doing that?

RIL appears to do nothing but pick up rumours from other sources, with no actual inside info or corroboration, and pass them of as its own.
Posts: 4429
Lebowski
Moderator

Re: Rumours

glawfindel 14 Aug 2019 12:38 pm said..

There is nowhere near enough money in MLR to pay for Mr Cipriani. I think the salary cap here is tiny (c. $450,000 for the team) and the likes of Bastereaud is only doing it for the experience of living in NY and Ben Foden similarly, though I think he's here for his wife's career.

So there is no way Mr C is leaving for Toronto or anywhere else in North America, not for the money.
Posts: 1509  Location: Washington, DC
glawfindel
Hall of Famer

Re: Rumours

ryno_chelt 14 Aug 2019 13:45 pm said..

glawfindel wrote:There is nowhere near enough money in MLR to pay for Mr Cipriani. I think the salary cap here is tiny (c. $450,000 for the team) and the likes of Bastereaud is only doing it for the experience of living in NY and Ben Foden similarly, though I think he's here for his wife's career.

So there is no way Mr C is leaving for Toronto or anywhere else in North America, not for the money.


Not sure Foden and the wife comment is accurate, think he wanted to move and she didn’t, and they aren’t together - but that’s irrelevant.

The MLR would benefit massively from someone with Cips profile, the owners aren’t cash poor that’s for sure and the potential there is huge. Still it’s unlikely IMO.
Posts: 759
ryno_chelt
On the board
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Lebowski, mjh65, vitesse and 25 guests