Rumours

Re: Rumours

ladypochita 19 Aug 2019 16:40 pm said..

Happy with the squad we have got too
ladypochita
Hero in the making

VV 19 Aug 2019 17:08 pm said..

I think it's a decent squad too but not necessarily "great"; for instance it doesn't match the depth/quality of Sarries as I see it. Being very picky I'd like a high quality back 3 player and the same at outside centre. That's not knocking who we have in those positions but just looking at where we can perhaps improve the overall quality. If, as predicted, that's it, I still expect us to deliver another good season. Whether we can edge into top 2 may depend on the way some teams react during and post World Cup.
We all watch the same match but each of us sees a different game
VV
Senior squad member

Beddis 21 Aug 2019 18:17 pm said..

Ben Te’o joining Toulon on a short term deal. Completely dedicated to the English cause as ever :mrgreen:
Posts: 4007  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis

The Shuthonger One 23 Aug 2019 07:54 am said..

Jim Mallinder to Scotland, Performance Director.
The Shuthonger One
Hero in the making

TP17 23 Aug 2019 10:37 am said..

Visagie has signed for Toulouse as medical cover.
TP17
Hall of Famer

ElephantJuice 27 Aug 2019 00:05 am said..

VV wrote:I think it's a decent squad too but not necessarily "great"; for instance it doesn't match the depth/quality of Sarries as I see it. Being very picky I'd like a high quality back 3 player and the same at outside centre. That's not knocking who we have in those positions but just looking at where we can perhaps improve the overall quality. If, as predicted, that's it, I still expect us to deliver another good season. Whether we can edge into top 2 may depend on the way some teams react during and post World Cup.

There’s a reason we can’t match the depth/quality of Sarries......
ElephantJuice
Vice-Captain

vitesse 27 Aug 2019 10:08 am said..

ElephantJuice wrote:
VV wrote:I think it's a decent squad too but not necessarily "great"; for instance it doesn't match the depth/quality of Sarries as I see it. Being very picky I'd like a high quality back 3 player and the same at outside centre. That's not knocking who we have in those positions but just looking at where we can perhaps improve the overall quality. If, as predicted, that's it, I still expect us to deliver another good season. Whether we can edge into top 2 may depend on the way some teams react during and post World Cup.

There’s a reason we can’t match the depth/quality of Sarries......

Is it because we don't have the business opportunities for players like wot sorries got...?
Posts: 226  Location: Alicante Province, within easy reach of the airport......!
vitesse
Vice-Captain

King Prawn Bhuna 27 Aug 2019 10:29 am said..

Perhaps MSQ can be part investor in a few fruit and veg businesses that I hear players are interested in setting up... ;)
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby