Rumours

Re: Rumours

Big Red 30 Sep 2019 08:14 am said..

Would take Malins in a heartbeat. IMHO the perfect kind of 10 for us post Cipriani.
Big Red
Hall of Famer

Kingfisher 30 Sep 2019 08:57 am said..

Would be a great replacement for Williams if he leaves after this season, believe it's his final year.
Kingfisher
Senior squad member

RossM 30 Sep 2019 10:16 am said..

Steve M wrote:
Peanutcoxy wrote:Hey everyone; a rumour!!!! Fissler suggesting Glos are in the running With Chiefs to get Max Mallins. Salary cap biting at Sarries and having to offload?

Think they would need to offload more than young Max ...

Presumably Malins hasn't been awarded a property portfolio.
‘Politicians and diapers must be changed often and for the same reason.’ Mark Twain.
RossM
Vice-Captain

Sheddy Mcshedface 30 Sep 2019 11:32 am said..

It would seem to be the very definition of a Win-Win situation.
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

Russglos 30 Sep 2019 11:45 am said..

Citizen reporting that Exeter leads the chase for Mallins' signature.
Russglos
Hero in the making

Fat Taff 30 Sep 2019 20:04 pm said..

Yes please to Malins. Cracking prospect.
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

MrGlawsRocker 30 Sep 2019 20:39 pm said..

Chiefs currently have 5 fly halves at the moment 3 of which are already Prem/European level good

Joe Simmonds
Henry Slade
Gareth Steenson
- development -
Sam Morley
Harvey Skinner

So are chiefs expecting someone to leave or is Malins looking for a pay day and the occasional match?

I don't blame a player for wanting to join Chiefs they're successful and high flying with silverware to boot, but that is some competition for position.

I like William's he teams up well on the centre with Cips and I'm looking forward to seeing what that team up along with Simpson and Thorley will do this season it will be a shame to lose him.
In Ackermann we Trust.
MrGlawsRocker
Hall of Famer

DieTrying 30 Sep 2019 21:35 pm said..

Steenson at 35 will be a bit player this year, backing up Simmonds and Slade. I think he's more likely to spend more time coaching the development players. Malins is more likely to learn more from Cipriani than Steenson / Simmonds / Slade. His choice will be: 1. Money & silverware, both of which Exeter have a lot of, or 2. The chance to forge his own path as the successor to Cipriani, guiding Glos to the Silverware.
DieTrying

Steve M 01 Oct 2019 02:01 am said..

Of course, coming to Gloucester might ruin his international chances :roll:
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
Hall of Famer

coleser 01 Oct 2019 05:12 am said..

DieTrying wrote:Steenson at 35 will be a bit player this year, backing up Simmonds and Slade. I think he's more likely to spend more time coaching the development players. Malins is more likely to learn more from Cipriani than Steenson / Simmonds / Slade. His choice will be: 1. Money & silverware, both of which Exeter have a lot of, or 2. The chance to forge his own path as the successor to Cipriani, guiding Glos to the Silverware.

I’d agree with most of this but I don’t think Exeter have any more money than us. The cash freed up with Williams heading east might mean we can offer this lad an attractive contract.
coleser
Hero in the making
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby