Rumours

Re: Rumours

Allez Glaws 23 Oct 2019 14:38 pm said..

Camel wrote:I’ve heard from a mate of mine who works at Wuss, that Sarries are going to have a fine and points deduction for salary cap breaches, set to be announced early next month.

I’m aware this has been rumoured in the media, but to have it confirmed from someone inside a Prem club suggests it’s got some validity.

Interesting.

However I will only get excited if it is a meaningful fine and deduction, not some token £1000 and 5 points cop-out.
Allez Glaws
Hero in the making

Camel 23 Oct 2019 14:43 pm said..

Allez Glaws wrote:
Camel wrote:I’ve heard from a mate of mine who works at Wuss, that Sarries are going to have a fine and points deduction for salary cap breaches, set to be announced early next month.

I’m aware this has been rumoured in the media, but to have it confirmed from someone inside a Prem club suggests it’s got some validity.

Interesting.

However I will only get excited if it is a meaningful fine and deduction, not some token £1000 and 5 points cop-out.

How much was my first question! He didn’t know, but is going to ask!
"Remember that Rugby is team game; all 14 of you make sure that you pass the ball to Jonah"
Camel
Hall of Famer

Baz 23 Oct 2019 14:59 pm said..

Good news Cameron. I hope it’s right and if it is I am presuming it will also affect their current and previous recruitment? Surely if they are over the cap by the Ltd company route,some players might not want to stay on ‘basic wages’ ? I’m sure we can accommodate a couple at short notice?
Baz
Hall of Famer

Camel 23 Oct 2019 18:31 pm said..

Baz wrote:Good news Cameron. I hope it’s right and if it is I am presuming it will also affect their current and previous recruitment? Surely if they are over the cap by the Ltd company route,some players might not want to stay on ‘basic wages’ ? I’m sure we can accommodate a couple at short notice?

They’ll have to make some reductions for next season. I don’t think they’ll have to have a fire sale this season.

That may mean liquidating the assets / Companies and / or letting some players go. There’s a well over a dozen of their players who I’d love us to get, I guess it just depends on what positions we need strengthening for 2020/21.

It’s a MASSIVE overspend, so I’d expect some high profile names will be leaving at the end of the season.
"Remember that Rugby is team game; all 14 of you make sure that you pass the ball to Jonah"
Camel
Hall of Famer

DieTrying 23 Oct 2019 18:38 pm said..

150 point deduction works for me. :D
DieTrying

Clive's Pants 23 Oct 2019 19:20 pm said..

It will be 3 years until the next RWC so expect many will end up in France.
Clive's Pants
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 23 Oct 2019 19:37 pm said..

I think I’ll wait and see what/if sanctions are handed out for what specific offence. I still think they’ll be a slap on the wrist.
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
King Prawn Bhuna

Lebowski 23 Oct 2019 19:44 pm said..

Camel wrote:It’s a MASSIVE overspend, so I’d expect some high profile names will be leaving at the end of the season.

Seriously Cam? I hope you’re right. That would mean those of us who have been saying for years that if it looks like a dog, barks like a dog, smells like a dog............etc aren’t as stupid as those who have consistently claimed Sarries are doing nothing wrong have always made out. If they are proven to have cheated all this time (which I believe 100% they have done whatever the ruling says) I’ll be fascinated to hear wht the apologists have to say.
Lebowski
Dude

robs1 23 Oct 2019 19:50 pm said..

I think more importantly they need to be warned if it happens again they get relegated by four leagues, and must allow a independent expert to over look their books for five years
robs1
Hall of Famer

GrumpyGlos 23 Oct 2019 20:11 pm said..

I'll believe it when I see it. Sarries have got away with it for years, I don't think that anything will happen.
GrumpyGlos
Vice-Captain
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby