Rumours

Re: Rumours

Paul Simmons 01 Dec 2019 16:54 pm said..

madders wrote:An England prop we would hardly see playing for us ( rather like Vickery).... no thanks.

And to be fair you've consistently criticised him along with all other England players (Heinz excepted).
Formerly Sky blue
Paul Simmons
Hall of Famer

Camel 01 Dec 2019 16:56 pm said..

madders wrote:An England prop we would hardly see playing for us ( rather like Vickery).... no thanks.

You wouldn’t want our club to sign the current starting B&I Lions and England TH, who was (arguably) one of England’s best players in the tournament? I would argue he’s probably the best TH in the World.
"Remember that Rugby is team game; all 14 of you make sure that you pass the ball to Jonah"
Camel
Hall of Famer

jeppy89 01 Dec 2019 17:02 pm said..

Needs to be a big news release tomorrow now to cheer me up. Is that 2 from 11 or something now?
jeppy89
Vice-Captain

Steve M 01 Dec 2019 17:04 pm said..

Signing a prop wont win games like that one today, there's plenty of other things wrong at the moment.
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
Hall of Famer

madders 01 Dec 2019 17:05 pm said..

Camel, your estimation of Sinckler is a tad over the top. Our props we already have are good enough, don’t believe everything you read in the Sun. :lol: :lol:
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!
madders
Hall of Famer

Camel 01 Dec 2019 17:14 pm said..

madders wrote:Camel, your estimation of Sinckler is a tad over the top. Our props we already have are good enough, don’t believe everything you read in the Sun. :lol: :lol:

I respect your opinion, but don’t agree and neither does Gatland or Jones, both of whom have selected him as first choice for the Lions and England in the last 2 years.

Whilst I think we’ve got decent options at prop, none of them are World class. If we want to be in a position whereby we regularly competing in the top 4, then we need some better players in such pivotal positions.
"Remember that Rugby is team game; all 14 of you make sure that you pass the ball to Jonah"
Camel
Hall of Famer

The Vic 01 Dec 2019 17:17 pm said..

A prop and 2nd row would be nice.
The Vic
Hall of Famer

Gb83 01 Dec 2019 17:20 pm said..

Camel wrote:
madders wrote:Camel, your estimation of Sinckler is a tad over the top. Our props we already have are good enough, don’t believe everything you read in the Sun. :lol: :lol:

I respect your opinion, but don’t agree and neither does Gatland or Jones, both of whom have selected him as first choice for the Lions and England in the last 2 years.

Whilst I think we’ve got decent options at prop, none of them are World class. If we want to be in a position whereby we regularly competing in the top 4, then we need some better players in such pivotal positions.

Val and Dreyer are very good but I doubt we’ll really see Dreyer. Sinckler is on another level though and would be an incredible signing, just can’t see it happening.

Balmain and Hoeneck look a shadow of themselves at the moment.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

Not1eyed 01 Dec 2019 17:21 pm said..

I’m with you on this 1 Camel. Sinkler is class. Definitely the type of player we should be looking to sign. However, I don’t think he is coming to Gloucester
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

Camel 01 Dec 2019 17:29 pm said..

Gb83 wrote:
Camel wrote:

Val and Dreyer are very good but I doubt we’ll really see Dreyer. Sinckler is on another level though and would be an incredible signing, just can’t see it happening.

Balmain and Hoeneck look a shadow of themselves at the moment.

They certainly haven’t yet reached the highs of last season. I’ve heard that neither came back in great shape to preseason. With that in mind, it looks like the coaches should’ve given them gametime in the prem cup to get their fitness levels back to where they need to be. To me, they still look unfit.
Camel
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby