Rumours

Re: Rumours

Camel 01 Dec 2019 17:34 pm said..

Not1eyed wrote:I’m with you on this 1 Camel. Sinkler is class. Definitely the type of player we should be looking to sign. However, I don’t think he is coming to Gloucester

Is there any basis for your thoughts N1E or is it a hunch?

I think with Williams OOC, plus the fact we’ve got Evans coming through and 36 contracted next season, we’re covered at FH.

I think we’ll see Williams’ salary spent on a TH prop. His salary covers the vast majority of the money Sinckler is after. My gut feeling is we’ll get him or Schonert.
"Remember that Rugby is team game; all 14 of you make sure that you pass the ball to Jonah"
Camel
Hall of Famer

Forest 01 Dec 2019 17:42 pm said..

Wouldn’t be surprised of the big news is a new away kit!
Forest
Senior squad member

NorthernShedHead 01 Dec 2019 17:44 pm said..

Given the shirt icon... I wouldn't be surprised if we are getting hyped up ready to be underwhelmed
NorthernShedHead
On the board

ROLLO 01 Dec 2019 17:45 pm said..

The Rugby Paper say that you are after Nick Schonert.
Hands off please.
ROLLO
Hall of Famer

Camel 01 Dec 2019 17:51 pm said..

ROLLO wrote:The Rugby Paper say that you are after Nick Schonert.
Hands off please.

Sorry ROLLO, but I’d love Schonert, he’s class. Do you see Wuss retaining him?
"Remember that Rugby is team game; all 14 of you make sure that you pass the ball to Jonah"
Camel
Hall of Famer

Stephen Bond aka LSH 01 Dec 2019 20:44 pm said..

ShedOrDead wrote:I've just had 2 Quins fans who don't know each other send me WhatsApp messages connecting Glaws *BIG* news with the fact that Sinks isn't playing, assuming that he's moved with immediate effect.

Dunno how that would work with Salary Cap or rules around negotiating with players at other clubs prior to Jan... but fun to string them along :D

Now is there any chance of the following:
Callum Braley moving to Treviso with immediate effect to free up money within the cap.
This plus injury dispensation money for Ruan Dreyer pays for an immediate move of Kyle Sinckler to us?
Stephen Bond aka LSH
On the board

Big Red 01 Dec 2019 20:52 pm said..

If Braley goes with immediate effect, we’ll also be a senior 9 short.
Big Red
Hall of Famer

Gb83 01 Dec 2019 21:32 pm said..

Big Red wrote:If Braley goes with immediate effect, we’ll also be a senior 9 short.

Heinz is due back soon, Simpson with Chapman to step up. I don’t see Braley as a loss, not quick enough for the game we are tying to play. Be surprised if he is off though especially with them issuing teasers like that.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

steckers 01 Dec 2019 21:44 pm said..

More likely to be something immediate to be announced at this time of year. So my bet is The Beast.
steckers
Hall of Famer

gloskarlos 01 Dec 2019 21:47 pm said..

Various rumours around on line linking us to more or less every tight head out of contract at the end of the season. Someone hinted Balmain might be off too. Braley to Treviso from more than one source and a few saying May will return to CG. One or two saying Schonert coming our way also.

I’d be happy enough with all of the above frankly
gloskarlos
Turns out for the A team
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby