Rumours

Re: Rumours

foresterinyorks 04 Dec 2019 10:54 am said..

What is happening with Hanson?
Never Stay Down.
foresterinyorks
Hall of Famer

TP17 04 Dec 2019 11:04 am said..

SIBARITE wrote:Saying that we desperately need Slater back to partner Mostert. Two scrummaging second rows. Its a tight five push!

Grobler and Craig have been brilliant. The mistake was playing Clarke in the second row. I think it is the leadership of Ed Slater that we miss more than anything.

As for hooker, I’m not sure why we brought in Fourie. He hasn’t added much and Walker has shown he’s more than capable.
TP17
Hall of Famer

Steve M 04 Dec 2019 11:21 am said..

Walker is 'one of ours' and needs game time like all players his age. Cant understand why we arent playing him instead of getting Fourie in. Isnt he at loan at Coventry at the moment though ?
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
Hall of Famer

Gb83 04 Dec 2019 11:33 am said..

foresterinyorks wrote:What is happening with Hanson?

Snapped Achilles, we won’t see him until next year, big injury for a hooker to come back from.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

Herefordpropforward 04 Dec 2019 11:50 am said..

We can chatter away on SW about the management as long as we like and I guess that it has a certain therapeutic function. However, we can do diddly squit to change things as long as individually and collectively they have the support of the Board. So all we can do is enjoy the rugby and judge performance on results. Frustrating but m’dears bottom line stuff. For us in Herefudshire the Warriors promotion drive is gaining traction with our youngsters. My grandchildren are increasingly attracted to matters 6 Ways :roll: :o ;)
West is best
Herefordpropforward
Hero in the making

vitesse 04 Dec 2019 12:04 pm said..

Herefordpropforward wrote:We can chatter away on SW about the management as long as we like and I guess that it has a certain therapeutic function. However, we can do diddly squit to change things as long as individually and collectively they have the support of the Board. So all we can do is enjoy the rugby and judge performance on results. Frustrating but m’dears bottom line stuff. For us in Herefudshire the Warriors promotion drive is gaining traction with our youngsters. My grandchildren are increasingly attracted to matters 6 Ways :roll: :o ;)

Diddly squat......... sorry.....
Posts: 306  Location: Alicante Province, within easy reach of the airport......!
vitesse
Vice-Captain

James J 04 Dec 2019 12:10 pm said..

RTS2 wrote:It's kind of crazy that we have a Division One standard hooker ( at best IMO ) coming on against Quins and in the meantime Northampton step in and sign someone of Fijian international standard from Pirates !.... what are we doing !!! ? :oops: . Sam Matavesi to Saints then.....

I see Ruddock is back in Wales !.....temporary deal at Ospreys.

Saints have lost Hartley to retirement, which I imagine frees up a considerable amount of cash...
James J
Vice-Captain

ladypochita 04 Dec 2019 12:46 pm said..

Regarding signing someone for injury cover we can only sign available players, they have to be able to fit in with the rest of the squad, and there is only a certain amount of money available for this and the club have already used some for Chris Harris and Fourie so maybe this is why they haven't managed to sign another prop!
ladypochita
Hero in the making

carterb121 04 Dec 2019 13:17 pm said..

Charles Piutau two year extension at Bristol
carterb121
Vice-Captain

Kingfisher 04 Dec 2019 13:19 pm said..

ladypochita wrote:Regarding signing someone for injury cover we can only sign available players, they have to be able to fit in with the rest of the squad, and there is only a certain amount of money available for this and the club have already used some for Chris Harris and Fourie so maybe this is why they haven't managed to sign another prop!

Chris Harris hasn't been signed as Injury cover though. (Has he..?)
Kingfisher
Senior squad member
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby