Rumours

Re: Rumours

Pelelegend 08 Dec 2019 07:22 am said..

Nick Abendanon, was announced the other day he’s leaving Clemont at the end of the season
Pelelegend
First team regular

madders 08 Dec 2019 07:51 am said..

KPB.....it’s a rumour thread, doh!
And as a moderator should you be using such strong language?
I started off with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left.
madders
Hall of Famer

Still Realistic 08 Dec 2019 08:35 am said..

Great to see another genuine rumour linking us with a quality TH. Williams would certainly do for me too.
Still Realistic
Hall of Famer

Sheddy Mcshedface 08 Dec 2019 10:36 am said..

DieTrying wrote:
RTS2 wrote:Bendy to CG for a season IF Marshall does leave ....

I would be quite happy with that . Think he has still got something to offer ; even at 33. Ex- Cheltenham college one that " got away " to the enemy.

Sorry RTS, you don't sign a player older than the one you want to replace. TM is a cracker, when fit, bendy is past it.

Cipriani is a few years senior of Billy Burns and that seems to have worked out ok?
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

Lebowski 08 Dec 2019 10:49 am said..

jeppy89 wrote:
TP17 wrote:Just read that Carl Fearns is rumoured to be in talks with Northampton Saints

They are f**king welcome to him.

Overrated mug.

Will you moderate your language please? A couple of asterisks to bypass the AI moderator doesn’t make it any less offensive.
Lebowski

RTS2 08 Dec 2019 11:00 am said..

DieTrying wrote:

I would be quite happy with that . Think he has still got something to offer ; even at 33. Ex- Cheltenham college one that " got away " to the enemy.

Sorry RTS, you don't sign a player older than the one you want to replace. TM is a cracker, when fit, bendy is past it.

Oh . Thanks for the update DT. I didn't realise this was the generally accepted policy in rugby ... :shock:

So Willi Heinz making an England debut and the World Cup side at 33 when Eddie Jones had younger options was a one-off ??.

I think you are wrong. Sorry DT. Bendy is a great player and moreover a one year contract to cover in a position where there is a little uncertainty atm, and where we seem to be historically bereft with injury is such a bad idea ??!!. I don't think a player even of his class would break the bank for a season and I suspect his will be injury-free and remain at least 95% as potent an attacking threat for another season if not more.

He is a good defensive player too and actually I could see him fitting it well whilst we recruit/develop a younger full-back to come into the side. Now is already the time to be thinking of next season and perhaps he might even be able to join a club before the end of this one if he were able to secure a contract with a new team. He could be signed for a season with an option for a club to extend it to another.

No one is doubting Marshall's ability either !!. That is not the point.
RTS2
Hall of Famer

RTS2 08 Dec 2019 11:08 am said..

Lebowski wrote:
jeppy89 wrote:
TP17 wrote:Just read that Carl Fearns is rumoured to be in talks with Northampton Saints

They are f**king welcome to him.

Overrated mug.

Will you moderate your language please? A couple of asterisks to bypass the AI moderator doesn’t make it any less offensive.

+ 1. Thought the same Andy. One or two on here are getting a little carried away again. It must be that time of the year .
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Gb83 08 Dec 2019 11:09 am said..

RTS2 wrote:
DieTrying wrote:

Oh . Thanks for the update DT. I didn't realise this was the generally accepted policy in rugby ... :shock:

So Willi Heinz making an England debut and the World Cup side at 33 when Eddie Jones had younger options was a one-off ??.

I think you are wrong. Sorry DT. Bendy is a great player and moreover a one year contract to cover in a position where there is a little uncertainty atm, and where we seem to be historically bereft with injury is such a bad idea ??!!. I don't think a player even of his class would break the bank for a season and I suspect his will be injury-free and remain at least 95% as potent an attacking threat for another season if not more.

He is a good defensive player too and actually I could see him fitting it well whilst we recruit/develop a younger full-back to come into the side. Now is already the time to be thinking of next season and perhaps he might even be able to join a club before the end of this one if he were able to secure a contract with a new team. He could be signed for a season with an option for a club to extend it to another.

No one is doubting Marshall's ability either !!. That is not the point.

He showed on Friday he is still a very good player and also think would be a good acquisition if didn’t break the bank.

Marshall is a great player but there is a chance he is leaving either by his own choice or the club at the end of the season. Also we can’t really rely on him putting a run of games together based on his injury record, that’s not a dig at him it’s just what has happened so far.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

Camel 09 Dec 2019 13:49 pm said..

Leone Nakarawa will apparently be returning to Glasgow.
"Remember that Rugby is team game; all 14 of you make sure that you pass the ball to Jonah"
Camel
Hall of Famer

hairyglaws 09 Dec 2019 14:10 pm said..

Don't think we should get too fixated on age, as that normally means experience , which is bloody hard to coach...

Throw in the ever shortening career, due to the nature of modern game and I think if whoever is available, is quality and can do the job, take em; ideally whilst mentoring an academy prospect
hairyglaws
On the board
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby