Rumours

Dude

Re: Rumours

10 Feb 2020 07:04 am:

Do you really think they aren’t sorting this out? Or indeed haven’t already done so, just because it hasn’t been shared with Shedweb or Fissler?

I have every faith the money from departing players will be well used.
Hall of Famer

10 Feb 2020 07:22 am:

Agreed Leb, I wonder how successful a club would be if they recruited by consensus with fans.
Trust the people that are being paid to do their jobs. They haven’t done too badly so far. They’ll tell us when they deem is right
Hall of Famer

10 Feb 2020 08:43 am:

I rather like the fact that Glaws does its recruitment quietly and without leaks.
Cherchez la truffe
Hall of Famer

10 Feb 2020 09:14 am:

We all do.

Many of us also enjoy the speculation on the RUMOURS thread.
Formerly Sky blue
Hall of Famer

10 Feb 2020 11:17 am:

'We all do' - really?

These posts are because it didn't sound as though shawnsheep was happy to wait!
Cherchez la truffe
shawnsheep

10 Feb 2020 12:26 pm:

Not really concerned about who we recruit or not, my main gripe is since SV left we hardly get any direction from the club.

With the large increase in ST prices, the CVC and Sarries money, I was expecting something from the club about updating the facilities but nothing (unless I have missed it), don'tthink its too much to ask for the money we are being asked to potentially hand over.
Vice-Captain

10 Feb 2020 12:55 pm:

WRT to the CVC money...

I thought I saw on here that that money had been re-invested with CVC to get a larger payout if and when CVC exit.
I thought most clubs had done this, where as a few have paid off debts / built new hotels next to the ground...

I think for Gloucester, the key is to increase the year on year income. There aren't many feasible facilities projects that will directly increase spectator numbers... (In my humble opinion of course) There are loads of smaller things, like improviing toilets, getting ques down etc, but that isn't necessarily going to increase the number of fans.

At the end of the day, Gloucester is a small city, and we're never going to compete with the likes of Bristol in the long term.

So I think reinvesting, and keeping the yearly income up is a good option.
Hall of Famer

10 Feb 2020 12:56 pm:

shawnsheep wrote:Not really concerned about who we recruit or not, my main gripe is since SV left we hardly get any direction from the club.

With the large increase in ST prices, the CVC and Sarries money, I was expecting something from the club about updating the facilities but nothing (unless I have missed it), don'tthink its too much to ask for the money we are being asked to potentially hand over.

Why? Most of us are members and that is our choice. It is not an entitlement to know all detail about the running of the club including signings/departures. That’s not to say comms need to always improve; they do. However, they need to keep stuff like this in house to ensure me get our targets and vice versa
The older I get the faster I was. Used to be known as Peanutcoxy
Vice-Captain

10 Feb 2020 13:53 pm:

CVC+Sarries fine share+ST increase= new training facility.

Easy.
On the board

11 Feb 2020 07:40 am:

There’s been a fair rumour that Tom Marshall, whilst being a class player, is constantly injured.

I’ve just seen a stat that he has the joint most minutes in the premiership this season out of everyone.
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby