Rumours

On the board
Posts: 984

Re: Rumours

13 Feb 2020 07:46 am:

Chewbacca wrote:Sounds plausible to me, I have a gut feeling that a TH prop is on David Humphreys' shopping list for this season.

I know very little about Paul Hill, so would like to hear some opinions on him.

I did a quick wiki search, 67 appearances for Saints since 2015 and only 25 years old, not bad going on paper at least. Decent size at 188cm and 123kg.


Sounds very plausible, he’s got 5 england caps but has fallen down the pecking order, he now has the franks brothers to deal with so starting may be unlikely for him right now, a career move to a club in need of a Quality prop Makes sense to me.
Hall of Famer
Posts: 2136

Re: Rumours

13 Feb 2020 08:37 am:

Given the rumours of our other targeted recruitment, this would probably make sense and not break the bank.

I still think we desperately need another LH. At TH we have Balmain, JFR and Knight, but once one of Hohneck or VRR go down on the other side, it means calling on Seville who clearly isn't ready at this level yet. I wouldn't be surprised if we bring in two props and a hooker.
Hall of Famer
Posts: 2285

Re: Rumours

13 Feb 2020 09:17 am:

ryno_chelt wrote:
Chewbacca wrote:Sounds plausible to me, I have a gut feeling that a TH prop is on David Humphreys' shopping list for this season.

I know very little about Paul Hill, so would like to hear some opinions on him.

I did a quick wiki search, 67 appearances for Saints since 2015 and only 25 years old, not bad going on paper at least. Decent size at 188cm and 123kg.


Sounds very plausible, he’s got 5 england caps but has fallen down the pecking order, he now has the franks brothers to deal with so starting may be unlikely for him right now, a career move to a club in need of a Quality prop Makes sense to me.


Whilst these types of players might be good value there is a reason they aren’t 1st choice at others clubs, I think we really need to make a statement in the front row like we did with Afoa, Summerville etc, just hope we have the funds and room in the cap to do so.
Vice-Captain
Posts: 449

Re: Rumours

13 Feb 2020 09:57 am:

So just doing a round-up of 'rumours'...

Outgoings?

Kriel (confirmed)
Braley (confirmed)
Fourie
Marshall
Dreyer
Williams
Hinckley

Incomings?
Jonny May
Max Malins
Alex Lozowski
Paul Hill

Any I've missed or any of the above wrong?
Last edited by Wilkosam on 13 Feb 2020 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 3012
Location: Hell

Re: Rumours

13 Feb 2020 09:59 am:

Beauden Barrett :D
Moderator
Posts: 4475
Location: In the sticks

Re: Rumours

13 Feb 2020 10:06 am:

I thought Fourie was signed as cover for Hanson , So I assume he will leave when Hanson returns ?
Braley to Benneton ?
Vice-Captain
Posts: 449

Re: Rumours

13 Feb 2020 10:08 am:

CMGC wrote:I thought Fourie was signed as cover for Hanson , So I assume he will leave when Hanson returns ?
Braley to Benneton ?


Thanks, will update
Hall of Famer
Posts: 1628
Location: Longlevens, Gloucester

Re: Rumours

13 Feb 2020 11:45 am:

Wilkosam wrote:So just doing a round-up of 'rumours'...

Outgoings?

Kriel (confirmed)
Braley (confirmed)
Fourie
Marshall
Dreyer
Williams
Hinckley

Incomings?
Jonny May
Max Malins
Alex Lozowski
Paul Hill

Any I've missed or any of the above wrong?


'Incomings' a wish list Wilkosam or do you know stuff no-one else does ? :o
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Vice-Captain
Posts: 449

Re: Rumours

13 Feb 2020 11:46 am:

I made sure to put a question mark at the end Steve M. I know nothing!
Hall of Famer
Posts: 1183
Location: Worcester

Re: Rumours

13 Feb 2020 12:27 pm:

Ryan Mills off to Wasps or Bath a year early is dong the rounds. I think this may have legs, Ryan hasn't been at his best this season and we have a fair amount of talent at centre so the money could be spent better elswhere.
On his day Ryan is a class player, a move may re-ignite his performances.
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby