Rumours

Hall of Famer
Posts: 1997

Re: Rumours

16 Feb 2020 20:25 pm:

If Gloucester contest tackles/rucks/mauls Kvesic is a top player. If you are looking at a ball carrier Ackerman is a top player. Horses for courses.
I'm not sure we need new back-row players - surely the emphasis must be props, full back cover and winger cover?
User avatar
On the board
Posts: 785

Re: Rumours

16 Feb 2020 21:02 pm:

Also, a competent 10 to challenge Cipriani.
Éire go Brách!
Hall of Famer
Posts: 2136

Re: Rumours

16 Feb 2020 21:27 pm:

I think we need to recruit a specialist 7, whatever that now means. I’m not slinging mud at Ludlow, but I think we have potentially more effective players at the club as it is. Clarke should be playing more rugby, of that there is no doubt in my mind. He’s more effective in the carry and over the ball than LL and is a lineout option. I think it’s at least worth a go. Ackers Jnr has also played there for us and been effective IMHO.
Hall of Famer
Posts: 2635

Re: Rumours

16 Feb 2020 21:58 pm:

Not to necessarily disagree with your point but apparently LL has the most line-out steals in the Premiership this season.
Formerly Sky blue
Hall of Famer
Posts: 2144

Re: Rumours

17 Feb 2020 05:37 am:

Good morning #Glawsfamily
User avatar
Hero in the making
Posts: 590

Re: Rumours

17 Feb 2020 08:43 am:

shedwebber wrote:Also, a competent 10 to challenge Cipriani.

I'm sure some may disagree but I'd consider Madigan who I believe is leaving Bristol. He has played at the top level albeit a while ago but the fact he has show's that he is capable. He is 2 years younger than Cipriani. Speaking to a Bristol supporting colleague, Madigan plays a similar game to Cipriani, right on the gain line. He's got a good boot, apparently Lam often brings him on when there are pressure kicks. Apparently, like with Cipriani and most fly halves he is a real confidence player so his head tends to drop when things go wrong, but hopefully our coaching staff would be able to help him on that.

I know there's an argument for investing in Lloyd Evans, but I'd argue the merits of bringing in experience and a player you know can and has played at the top level and has a point to prove to get back to that level over continuing to invest in a youngster that shows promise and you hope will get to that level, but you can't say for certain that they will. I believe, thanks to Wikipedia, that he's only made something like 19 starts in 4 seasons.
Last edited by Lambpie on 17 Feb 2020 08:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer
Posts: 1628
Location: Longlevens, Gloucester

Re: Rumours

17 Feb 2020 08:47 am:

Lambpie wrote: I believe, thanks to Wikipedia, that he's only made something like 19 starts in 4 seasons.


I wonder why ?
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
On the board
Posts: 891

Re: Rumours

17 Feb 2020 08:59 am:

Chalker wrote:Good morning #Glawsfamily


This just a cheery message for Monday morning or an idea that an announcement is imminent?
On the board
Posts: 757

Re: Rumours

17 Feb 2020 09:11 am:

Strange that the Robs paper is saying that the two sarries players leaving are going to the clubs with the richest owners in Briz n Barf it appears that even after sarries downfall some clubs still find room under their salary cap easier than others
User avatar
Hero in the making
Posts: 502

Re: Rumours

17 Feb 2020 13:23 pm:

Lambpie wrote:
shedwebber wrote:Also, a competent 10 to challenge Cipriani.

I'm sure some may disagree but I'd consider Madigan who I believe is leaving Bristol. He has played at the top level albeit a while ago but the fact he has show's that he is capable. He is 2 years younger than Cipriani. Speaking to a Bristol supporting colleague, Madigan plays a similar game to Cipriani, right on the gain line. He's got a good boot, apparently Lam often brings him on when there are pressure kicks. Apparently, like with Cipriani and most fly halves he is a real confidence player so his head tends to drop when things go wrong, but hopefully our coaching staff would be able to help him on that.

I know there's an argument for investing in Lloyd Evans, but I'd argue the merits of bringing in experience and a player you know can and has played at the top level and has a point to prove to get back to that level over continuing to invest in a youngster that shows promise and you hope will get to that level, but you can't say for certain that they will. I believe, thanks to Wikipedia, that he's only made something like 19 starts in 4 seasons.



Can't pay a back up £300k Madigan will go back to Ireland/France.

If you could get him for back up 10 money I'd be all over it!
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby