Dreyer
Williams
Hinckley

Incomings?
Jonny May
Max Malins
Alex Lozowski
Paul Hill

Removed Marshall from possible outgoings. Of all of them, he's the one I'd have liked to keep the most! Good job GR.
Hall of Famer

Re: Rumours

17 Feb 2020 14:02 pm:

Hidalgo-Clyne to Exeter
Keyser Sose
Hall of Famer

17 Feb 2020 14:36 pm:

Jon Newcombe tweeted that Sarries have beaten us to it with Clarey
Cherchez la truffe
Senior squad member

17 Feb 2020 14:39 pm:

Can't pay a back up £300k Madigan will go back to Ireland/France.

If you could get him for back up 10 money I'd be all over it!

Translation please!
Senior squad member

17 Feb 2020 14:54 pm:

richclark wrote:
Can't pay a back up £300k Madigan will go back to Ireland/France.

If you could get him for back up 10 money I'd be all over it!

Translation please!

As in not paying him a starting 10's wages.
Hero in the making

17 Feb 2020 15:16 pm:

Sorry, the earlier post was about a back up to Cips.

Madigan is on big money at Bristol we couldn't afford someone of his cost to be a back up.
Senior squad member

17 Feb 2020 15:23 pm:

Jeppy, with Owen Williams rumoured to be leaving and also rumoured to be on a very good salary, I think there may be a salary case for this and it may make sense.
Hero in the making

17 Feb 2020 15:38 pm:

Face wrote:Jeppy, with Owen Williams rumoured to be leaving and also rumoured to be on a very good salary, I think there may be a salary case for this and it may make sense.

If Owen is off, Kriel gone and others also rumoured to be leaving I agree 100% that the salary might be available, however I'm going to disagree 100% that making your "back up 10" one of your top 5 paid players makes sense.

There is no way Williams was brought in on that salary to be anything but a nailed on starter, it hasn't worked out that way and it's a shame and nobody's fault but to pay your second 10 that kind of money deliberately when Cips is likely to play 90% of the minutes I can't see.
Hall of Famer

17 Feb 2020 15:49 pm:

jeppy89 wrote:
Face wrote:Jeppy, with Owen Williams rumoured to be leaving and also rumoured to be on a very good salary, I think there may be a salary case for this and it may make sense.

If Owen is off, Kriel gone and others also rumoured to be leaving I agree 100% that the salary might be available, however I'm going to disagree 100% that making your "back up 10" one of your top 5 paid players makes sense.

There is no way Williams was brought in on that salary to be anything but a nailed on starter, it hasn't worked out that way and it's a shame and nobody's fault but to pay your second 10 that kind of money deliberately when Cips is likely to play 90% of the minutes I can't see.

We need to give Evans a real crack at being DC’s understudy also is Coetzer still on the books after resigning? He looked like a real prospect.

What’s the point in having g this talent around and not using it. Let them have a crack if they aren't up to the job then look outside.
Hall of Famer

17 Feb 2020 16:11 pm:

I agree Simmo468 - I remember when Cipriani was emerging out of Wasps' youth system and some Wasps fans were worried he'd be a liability in the first team. The rest is history.
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby