Rumours

Hall of Famer

Re: Rumours

26 Mar 2020 16:34 pm:

madders wrote:No income? Apart from RFU funds and CVC payment, that is.

Problem for us is that our CVC money is needed for the training ground.
Hero in the making

26 Mar 2020 16:44 pm:

ROLLO wrote:If there is no income for six months I would expect that most clubs ( and business's for that matter ) would go under.
At least Worcester have the land , albeit probaly at an unknown value . They could liquidate the company and re-start at a much lower cost base, including players. If you don't own your ground then it is a different matter. We also have the amatuer club to support if the worst comes to the worst.

My feeling is that this will be the catalyst for a complete restructuring of professional rugby in the UK (not just England). I can see a franchise structure coming out of this covering England, Wales and Scotland. I really dislike the idea, but I cant see the existing leagues continuing. There is inevitably going to be major restructuring of most aspects of our lives, including sports, retailing, arts and music, healthcare, VAT and other indirect taxation, education provision, transport and pretty much everything else. The consequences of the virus will lead to revolution , not evolution, in virtually everything we do.
Another yard boys, another yard!
Hall of Famer

26 Mar 2020 16:45 pm:

Really? A pitch, gym and changing rooms , can’t be that much.
Perhaps DH could apologise to Hartpury?
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!
Hall of Famer

26 Mar 2020 17:22 pm:

madders wrote:Really? A pitch, gym and changing rooms , can’t be that much.

There building on the land aren’t they?

We’ll have to buy land etc, it’ll cost a significant amount of money.
Hall of Famer

26 Mar 2020 18:04 pm:

Personally if the game goes to regional franchises and all the clubs go back to semi pro local players it wouldn't be such a bad thing, doubt I would bother to go and see any of the franchise games but would turn up to CG. The game couldnt afford to pay it's way before the virus it sure as hell wont be able to after, unless players take huge pay cuts, which they will have to accept as the whole world is going to be poorer for a long time and clubs income is going to be slashed
On the board

26 Mar 2020 18:38 pm:

So we need money for a training facility! but do you need a training facility if the club goes broke ?
Hall of Famer

26 Mar 2020 18:57 pm:

Miaouw !! Pray tell...…..
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

26 Mar 2020 19:43 pm:

Madders the CVC money is for infrastructure not to keep a club afloat. If BT decide not to pay as there are no games that will reduce income substantialy.
Hall of Famer

26 Mar 2020 20:07 pm:

Gloucester Mute wrote:

Miaouw !! Pray tell...…..

GM you were saying something along these lines about a month ago, I asked you what had happened and a deafening silence was the response. You weren't making it up were you?
Hall of Famer

26 Mar 2020 20:15 pm:

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/s ... it-3988557

I know we can’t invest now but when Lance talks about the plans for the ground it’s just all so amateur, lick of paint here and there, that’ll do, just shows that Gloucester really are not in a good place.
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby