Rumours

Hall of Famer

Re: Rumours

26 Mar 2020 20:52 pm:

lucifer wrote:
Gloucester Mute wrote:
madders wrote:Really? A pitch, gym and changing rooms , can’t be that much.
Perhaps DH could apologise to Hartpury?

Miaouw !! Pray tell...…..

GM you were saying something along these lines about a month ago, I asked you what had happened and a deafening silence was the response. You weren't making it up were you?

No I wasn't Luci. I know that there had been a falling out between the 2 organisations with Hartpury generally unhappy and feeling they were being taken for granted. I know meetings at top level took place and GRFC were sent packing. I was unaware of DH's apparent involvement and hence said "Pray tell...….."
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

26 Mar 2020 21:53 pm:

Back to player movement rumours...

Thomas Young (formerly of this parish), out of contract at Wasps and nothing doing in Wales. Another I’d have here in a flash.
Hall of Famer

26 Mar 2020 22:21 pm:

Quite right, Big Red, let's stay on topic rather continue the constant bickering that every thread seems to descend to.
There seems to be a select circle that feature in virtually every "bicker". Perhaps they could join together and start their own site. That said they would never agree.
Dude

27 Mar 2020 08:36 am:

Thomas Young is exactly the player we need. That’s a signing I would be genuinely excited about! If only.
Hall of Famer

27 Mar 2020 10:15 am:

Lebowski wrote:Thomas Young is exactly the player we need. That’s a signing I would be genuinely excited about! If only.

Wonderful player though he is, do we need more back row?
Keyser Sose
Hall of Famer

27 Mar 2020 10:40 am:

Of his calibre, most definitely yes.
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!
Hall of Famer

27 Mar 2020 10:46 am:

Lebowski wrote:Thomas Young is exactly the player we need. That’s a signing I would be genuinely excited about! If only.

Really good player but as we’ve already signed a 7 I can’t see it happening unfortunately.
Hall of Famer

27 Mar 2020 10:48 am:

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:

IMHO, yes. We’ve lost Kriel, we’ve lost Hinkley and brought Reid in. A back row with Jake Polledri at 6, Thomas Young at 7 and Ben Morgan/Ruan Ackermann at 8, is significantly better than what we’re currently putting out and likely will be putting out.
Hall of Famer

27 Mar 2020 11:31 am:

Big Red wrote:
Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:

IMHO, yes. We’ve lost Kriel, we’ve lost Hinkley and brought Reid in. A back row with Jake Polledri at 6, Thomas Young at 7 and Ben Morgan/Ruan Ackermann at 8, is significantly better than what we’re currently putting out and likely will be putting out.

Indeed but we also have Clarke and Ludlow to give us depth and the suggestion has been that Josh Gray from the academy is due to come through so if we want to avoid another Hinckley scenario is it wise to bring in another body when other areas need strengthening more.

Funny thing with Kriel and dreyer is if they'd stayed a few more weeks they'd be in a position to recover whilst not missing out on any actual rugby and might have been in a position to start turning out for us regularly.
Keyser Sose
Hero in the making

27 Mar 2020 11:45 am:

I suspect , although it is only instinct, that most clubs will be sitting on their hands until the dust settles and not wanting to splash out on any more additional players. We have a long way to go yet with this pandemic and I fear there will be a trail of businesses going pop including sports clubs.
West is best
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby