Rumours

Re: Rumours

ryno_chelt 18 May 2020 20:23 pm said..

caldiglaws wrote:I believe Charlie said so himself not sure if i read it on a social media stream hron his account or a news video but im sure he has announced it publicly

He is 100% here next year. Top guy, great player.
ryno_chelt
On the board

DieTrying 18 May 2020 21:48 pm said..

So, funnily enough, Lansdown, disagrees with the Myners Report and doesn't want to lower the cap nor get rid of Marquee Players. in other bits:

We have a clear vision. It’s on the walls of our building and underpins everything we do. Our relentless ambition is to win trophies and dominate in Europe. We have a detailed, long-term strategy to achieve these goals and the wheels are already in motion. Relentless = Buy.

That is why we support the current salary cap. We believe the Premiership should foster and encourage ambition, while ensuring that clubs show financial prudence and planning. In previous seasons, Bristol Bears have "NOT" spent up to the salary cap. Yet: Year ending 2017 losses $5,241,823. Year ending 2018 losses£7,236,460 . Methinks, he doth protest too much.
John Neary
DieTrying

glawfindel 18 May 2020 23:13 pm said..

Kingfisher wrote:
Jacko wrote:Regards Trinder, I'm looking at moving house and was informed that the place i'm looking at was going to be Mr Trinders but he pulled out as his contractual situation at Gloucester may now not be what he thought it would be. Read into that what you will

His wife is American so maybe he'll give the MLS a shot? Expansive game out there would suit him well.

I very much doubt he'll give MLS a shot, but he might want to try MLR ;)
glawfindel
Hall of Famer

Kingfisher 19 May 2020 06:30 am said..

:lol:

My point still stands.... sort of :? :?

MLR indeed.
Kingfisher
Senior squad member

robs1 19 May 2020 07:29 am said..

DieTrying wrote:So, funnily enough, Lansdown, disagrees with the Myners Report and doesn't want to lower the cap nor get rid of Marquee Players. in other bits:

We have a clear vision. It’s on the walls of our building and underpins everything we do. Our relentless ambition is to win trophies and dominate in Europe. We have a detailed, long-term strategy to achieve these goals and the wheels are already in motion. Relentless = Buy.

That is why we support the current salary cap. We believe the Premiership should foster and encourage ambition, while ensuring that clubs show financial prudence and planning. In previous seasons, Bristol Bears have "NOT" spent up to the salary cap. Yet: Year ending 2017 losses $5,241,823. Year ending 2018 losses£7,236,460 . Methinks, he doth protest too much.

How the hell can anyone say that a loss of 7 million shows financial prudence and planning.
robs1
Hall of Famer

Gb83 19 May 2020 07:41 am said..

robs1 wrote:
DieTrying wrote:So, funnily enough, Lansdown, disagrees with the Myners Report and doesn't want to lower the cap nor get rid of Marquee Players. in other bits:

How the hell can anyone say that a loss of 7 million shows financial prudence and planning.

When Landsdown has so much cash those losses are immaterial and he must believe he can recoup that one day by dominating Europe.

Clubs can’t be allowed to operate like this though on an ongoing basis, the have nots are chasing the likes of Bristol and crippling themselves. I would class Gloucester as have nots, MSQ can’t keep bank rolling us, he’d be close to broke in 5 years.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

CMGC 19 May 2020 08:00 am said..

There is a horrible parallel in what I read here with the sounds that used to come out of North London. I see SL aims to go the same route. I do hope some of the financial measures being discussed come in as this could be another drive that could break the Prem as it is today.
CMGC

Forest 19 May 2020 10:34 am said..

Bristol have signed siva naulago from hull fc
Forest
Senior squad member

NorthernShedHead 19 May 2020 10:41 am said..

Forest wrote:Bristol have signed siva naulago from hull fc

Just watched a quick video of him from last july, winning player of the month.

Looks a very very decent signing if he can get to grips with changing codes
NorthernShedHead
On the board

TP17 19 May 2020 10:56 am said..

Another potentially expensive player for Bristol.
TP17
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby