Rumours

Re: Rumours

Porky 19 May 2020 17:05 pm said..

Jimbodini wrote:I’m willing to make an early claim that if there is rugby next season, Malins and Earls will stay at Bristol after the season ends.

Good call
Time you enjoy wasting is never wasted.
Porky
Hall of Famer

Re: Fr. Pat O’Keeffe

Vallers1122 19 May 2020 19:53 pm said..

Tj36 wrote:
StPaulsChelt wrote:
stuartjames wrote:StPaulsChelt, thanks for the update . We had some great matches there when Blanco was Chariman/Exec

I also remember being on Teaching Practice at Whitefriars in Cheltenham (with Fr Pat O’Keefe who did so much for rugby in the area).

What a utterly charming man Fr O’Keefe was. I expect many players who represented the County at colt level will remember him with fondness.
In those days you had to go through trials, Gloucester, Forest, Stroud and Cheltenham I think. Team talks were certainly different , Mike Nicholls at Gloucester, Fr O’Keefe at County. Both utterly passionate and knowledgeable.

I see Pat O’Keeffe regularly, I am sure he’ll be pleasantly surprised to be so fondly remembered. He has many a good tale about those days. I will let him know that he has not been forgotten.
Vallers1122
Academy prospect

foz750 19 May 2020 20:19 pm said..

Pat O'Keefe was my games teacher at Whitefriars and it was him who gave me my love for the game.
He certainly has a Great passion for the game.
Graeme Foster
foz750
On the board

Still Realistic 19 May 2020 22:13 pm said..

Ahh Paady OKeefe and "Benny" Ablett at Whitefriars and an office so thick with cigarette smoke you could cut it with a knife!
Ken Smith (once upon a time Mr Realistic)
Still Realistic
Hall of Famer

DieTrying 19 May 2020 22:30 pm said..

foz750 wrote:Pat O'Keefe was my games teacher at Whitefriars and it was him who gave me my love for the game.
He certainly has a Great passion for the game.

Went to Whitefriars but only Junior. Ended up at Richies and couldn't understand why the majority of the First form hadn't played Rugby before.
John Neary
DieTrying

TP17 20 May 2020 12:56 pm said..

Thomas Young re-signs at Wasps and therefore loses his Wales eligibility.
TP17
Hall of Famer

RossM 20 May 2020 13:14 pm said..

TP17 wrote:Thomas Young re-signs at Wasps and therefore loses his Wales eligibility.

It is stated that it is a 'contract extension' so he retains his eligibility for Wales.
‘Politicians and diapers must be changed often and for the same reason.’ Mark Twain.
RossM
Vice-Captain

Sheddy Mcshedface 20 May 2020 14:38 pm said..

Was he offered a contract by a welsh region? If not then I am sure he remains eligible for Wales.
Keyser Sose
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

stuartjames 20 May 2020 15:51 pm said..

According to the BBC he's not eligible ?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/52742966
stuartjames
Hall of Famer

Sheddy Mcshedface 20 May 2020 16:52 pm said..

Wasps gain. Wouldn't mind them being the next Father and Son combo that turned up at Kingsholm! Unless we consider all the Welsh to be mercenaries as well :lol:
Keyser Sose
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby