Rumours

Re: Rumours

steckers 24 May 2020 10:38 am said..

Yes Nobbler - I think GG and Slater will do just fine as a starting pair.

Disappointed about the prospect of Mostert leaving but it's hardly a surprise. I expect all of the SAs to leave except GG and Marais.

It's all gone a bit wrong since SV left.
steckers
Hall of Famer

TOBIAS 24 May 2020 10:49 am said..

Maybe we signed the Ealing bloke knowing what was happening re JA/RA
TOBIAS
On the board

spanish exile 24 May 2020 11:14 am said..

TOBIAS wrote:I m am sure that thre is a lot going on behind the scenes at ours and other clubs but other clubs seem to be making some signings but with the JA thing and the thing with DH just cannot help us one little bit, I expect all Saffers to go bar GG - if he can get back

If Marais & Fourie go we still have Hanson & Singleton
If Mostert goes we still have a combo from GG/Slater/Craig but would need another lock
If Dreyer goes well we haven't actually seen him so no difference
If RA goes Polledri may get more starts

Not all bad then + with the money saved sign Itoje?
spanish exile
Hero in the making

ryno_chelt 24 May 2020 11:34 am said..

spanish exile wrote:
TOBIAS wrote:I m am sure that thre is a lot going on behind the scenes at ours and other clubs but other clubs seem to be making some signings but with the JA thing and the thing with DH just cannot help us one little bit, I expect all Saffers to go bar GG - if he can get back

If Marais & Fourie go we still have Hanson & Singleton
If Mostert goes we still have a combo from GG/Slater/Craig but would need another lock
If Dreyer goes well we haven't actually seen him so no difference
If RA goes Polledri may get more starts

Not all bad then + with the money saved sign Itoje?

Hard to argue with that. Firstly I don't believe all the rumours (although I didn't think Ackers was going either, for the record, the players I've spoken with didn't know that was on the cards either). But if ALL those leave, Hansen and Singleton is a great pairing, arguably stronger than last season. Mostert is an absolute workhorse, but in wet conditions, I'd have him either at 6 or on the bench instead going for the heavier Grobbler, Slater and Craig. Dreyer for all his promise hasn't played. And Polledri is my first name on the teamsheet.

We will be just fine.

Side note, when I buy the club from MSQ I'll do a weekly shedweb update to reduce the meltdown levels :D
ryno_chelt
On the board

Chris Jones 24 May 2020 11:53 am said..

Stackers - I cant believe your comment that “it’s all gone wrong since SV left”

Great PR man and good communicator with the supporters but do you really think that he would be able to sort out not just a financial but also a rugby meltdown?

As for DH allegedly wanting a new external coach such as Howley....

The club has to focus on saving money big time to simply survive this year
Chris Jones
Senior squad member

King Prawn Bhuna 24 May 2020 11:55 am said..

Still Realistic wrote:
Tim in Shropshire wrote:Steven Vaughan's take on rugby's 'new normal':
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/ ... new-normal
As ever, very sensible thoughts.

Sensible, if a case of stating the bleeding obvious TBH.

If it's only a case of stating the bleeding obvious why has no-one been able to cut to the chase and express it so succinctly...it's an excellent contribution from both the journo and his interviewee...yet more credence is given to the prat Fissler in these pages....

...I suggest folk carry on fiddling...whilst the the management of the core of Premiership Rugby clubs try and stop Rome from burning
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
King Prawn Bhuna

steckers 24 May 2020 12:32 pm said..

Yes Chris - I do think things would be different.

Obviously he couldn't sort out the wider issues -but certainly the internal 'problems' could have been handled better.
steckers
Hall of Famer

Lebowski 24 May 2020 12:55 pm said..

You may be right but since I, like most others on here, don’t know what the internal problems are it’s hard to judge.
Lebowski
Dude

Chris Jones 24 May 2020 13:43 pm said..

That’s my point Lebowski. We don’t know the facts behind the scenes- other than Covid and JA leaving

SV is not a medical expert nor actually a deeply knowledgable rugby brain. His expertise in communication skills is brilliant but that would have only a minimal impact on the huge wider problems currently faced by the club.
Chris Jones
Senior squad member

MarcusRann 24 May 2020 14:03 pm said..

GG and Slater might be the hardest, meanest second row in the league.
MarcusRann
Vice-Captain
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby