Rumours

Hall of Famer

Re: Rumours

24 May 2020 14:07 pm:

Regardless of what we may have individually heard / believe - I assume we all accept that there have been problems.

You don't need a good rugby knowledge to be a good CEO of a rugby club. Yes SV had his pet projects which he was very proactive at talking about - but ultimately it was his job to steer the ship. He seemed to do that very well - maybe it's coincidence that the results on the pitch were better at that time.
Vice-Captain

24 May 2020 14:18 pm:

I'm a fan of SV too but it's a stretch to suggest results were based around him being there. If that's the case then his 6 years in the hot seat saw us finish 9th, 9th, 8th, 9th, 7th and 3rd.
Hall of Famer

24 May 2020 14:25 pm:

You have over-simplified what I said. I didn't say the results were DUE to him.

But his job, is to make sure everyone is doing their job. And that had been going well - and I would argue it's been going less well since he left.
Vice-Captain

24 May 2020 14:54 pm:

Mostert off? I've heard it said this Itoje fella is a passable 2nd rower.... we could give him a trial?
Neil Vincent
We all watch the same match but each of us sees a different game
Hall of Famer

24 May 2020 15:01 pm:

Why on earth would Itoje consider signing for Gloucester?
First team regular

24 May 2020 15:11 pm:

Family connections? Isn't he and thorley related? Cousins I thought.
Hero in the making

24 May 2020 17:26 pm:

Are they from the Forest, then?
Back to basics
On the board

24 May 2020 17:54 pm:

Westy wrote:Are they from the Forest, then?

As classy as ever, Pete. ;)
Westy is watching.
Hero in the making

24 May 2020 18:02 pm:

Mackemglaws wrote:Why on earth would Itoje consider signing for Gloucester?

Perhaps he has read Shedweb & appreciates what a warm welcome he would get from us who are openly supportive of Sarries, don't blame or judge them or the players involved one little bit & are very happy to forgive & forget.
Whoops not us then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hall of Famer

24 May 2020 18:15 pm:

Mackemglaws wrote:Why on earth would Itoje consider signing for Gloucester?

To be honest, as the silver lining to a raft of players like Mostert and Dreyer leaving is the fact we would be financial savings, to sign Itoje wouldn't make much sense as he would cost every penny as he'd probably expect to be up there with the best paid players in the country at the moment.
Keyser Sose
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby