Rumours

Re: Rumours

Lewi7 24 May 2020 18:34 pm said..

Any figures known or suggested as to any compensation for JA's contract buyout ? Anyone else going would also have to be bought out of contract (I'm assuming this would be the case); in which case right now, it's big wages off the Club's books, with money coming in, which is sorely needed.

Perhaps this is just as much to do with running a business as it is playing a sport.
Posts: 3917  Location: Back in the 'Shire, how long for I wonder ?
Lewi7

caldiglaws 24 May 2020 19:32 pm said..

I thought Itoji had worked out a ine year loan deal in France and that was putting his England career on hold for the duration of the loan period
caldiglaws
On the board

stuartjames 24 May 2020 21:13 pm said..

Caldiglaws, I thought he tried to get it agreed his playing in France constituted exceptional circumstances and PRL didn't agree. It wasn't his fault Saracens got relegated .

He wanted the 1 million for the year's loan at Racing Metro and the chance to still play for England at 25K a match !
stuartjames
Hall of Famer

Alex 25 May 2020 06:50 am said..

The Times says Franco Mostert is leaving to join Honda Heat in Japan
Alex
Senior squad member

colinboag 25 May 2020 08:02 am said..

A clearing of the decks. Expect more.
Cherchez la truffe
colinboag
Hall of Famer

shawnsheep 25 May 2020 08:49 am said..

If it is a clearing of the decks, whats caused it. The rumours are gaining traction.

If JA was forced out by being undermined, how much is that ultimately going to cost us.

I think our problems started way before CV19 though that could be a fatal nail.

The directors continue to play in the band giving the air all is well, but there appears to be an iceberg out there and we do not appear to have any leadership that is going to avoid it..........tumbleweed.
shawnsheep

caldiglaws 25 May 2020 09:04 am said..

We all know many of the South Africans joined Gloucester because they wanted to plan for Johan many had previously others saw him as a future Boks coach so wanted to somebody Johan knew well. So we know these guys will now look to further their career in whatever way they are best for their family.with the likes of Mostert having been in Japan for RWC2019 I guess he was approached multiple times by teams based there unofficially. Also if any player who wants to take the Japanese money to build his pension pot now is the time to do it as the next world cup is about 4 years away so a 2 year spell in Japan gives that player 2 years to re establish their international credentials. I believe this could be true of a Coach or two
caldiglaws
On the board

lucifer 25 May 2020 09:28 am said..

Offloading some of our more expensive personnel is not an illogical way forward in these times. With little to no prospect of rugby being played before crowds until next year (or, to be very optimistic, much reduced ones to comply with social distancing) and hence hardly any income, it makes sense to trim the squad. Mostert is very good but so are Slater, Grobler and Craig - with Freddie Clark another decent option. Does he make THAT much difference? We won 2 of our 4 GP matches without him and what I think was our best win under the JA reign, Exeter away in the HC, again he was absent. The same applies to others who might want away, there's always someone more than ready to take their place and, of course, it provides more opportunity for academy graduates to step up. Despite the apparent mayhem at Kingsholm, to divest yourself of large outgoings of cash in a period of severely reduced income, when you are making a loss in the first place, seems entirely sensible to me.
lucifer
Hall of Famer

Lebowski 25 May 2020 09:48 am said..

My issue continues to be the lack of communication. As stakeholders I believe we are entitled to be told what is going on. I’m not talking about who said what to whom etc etc.......I don’t expect to be given details of individual unrest, complaints etc. What I do believe we should be told is where the club actually is at the moment.

If we are offloading players because it’s a case of survival then tell us! Explain what the strategy is! All I hear from Gloucester these days us silence. Nothing.

The bottom line is I’m not just a stakeholder as a supporter etc, the club has my money! And yours probably. We have paid for a service we are not receiving. We have given the club our money. Most of have been happy for that given the unprecedented circumstances and our love for the club, but in exchange for that I feel very strongly that we deserve some explanations.

I feel we are being treated with contempt. Maybe the shambolic performance we witnessed yesterday has intensified my feelings, but I’m fed up of being treated like fools who don’t matter.

And I’m supposedly a club sycophant. Well increasingly I am becoming very, very annoyed.
Lebowski
Dude

MartynWestBerks 25 May 2020 10:03 am said..

Lebowski wrote:My issue continues to be the lack of communication. As stakeholders I believe we are entitled to be told what is going on. I’m not talking about who said what to whom etc etc.......I don’t expect to be given details of individual unrest, complaints etc. What I do believe we should be told is where the club actually is at the moment.

If we are offloading players because it’s a case of survival then tell us! Explain what the strategy is! All I hear from Gloucester these days us silence. Nothing.

The bottom line is I’m not just a stakeholder as a supporter etc, the club has my money! And yours probably. We have paid for a service we are not receiving. We have given the club our money. Most of have been happy for that given the unprecedented circumstances and our love for the club, but in exchange for that I feel very strongly that we deserve some explanations.

I feel we are being treated with contempt. Maybe the shambolic performance we witnessed yesterday has intensified my feelings, but I’m fed up of being treated like fools who don’t matter.

And I’m supposedly a club sycophant. Well increasingly I am becoming very, very annoyed.

+ 1 very well put.
MartynWestBerks
Vice-Captain
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby