Rumours

Hero in the making

Re: Rumours

25 May 2020 10:14 am:

MartynWestBerks wrote:
Lebowski wrote:My issue continues to be the lack of communication. As stakeholders I believe we are entitled to be told what is going on. I’m not talking about who said what to whom etc etc.......I don’t expect to be given details of individual unrest, complaints etc. What I do believe we should be told is where the club actually is at the moment.

If we are offloading players because it’s a case of survival then tell us! Explain what the strategy is! All I hear from Gloucester these days us silence. Nothing.

The bottom line is I’m not just a stakeholder as a supporter etc, the club has my money! And yours probably. We have paid for a service we are not receiving. We have given the club our money. Most of have been happy for that given the unprecedented circumstances and our love for the club, but in exchange for that I feel very strongly that we deserve some explanations.

I feel we are being treated with contempt. Maybe the shambolic performance we witnessed yesterday has intensified my feelings, but I’m fed up of being treated like fools who don’t matter.

And I’m supposedly a club sycophant. Well increasingly I am becoming very, very annoyed.

+ 1 very well put.

I agree to a certain extent but I don't think there is evidence of us offloading players other than those who perhaps want to go & those not giving full value because of injury.
It is time for MSQ to make a 'leadership' statement if only to reassure us that there is some sort of plan rather than making it up as they go along.
Also not sure what you are referring to about yesterdays shambolic performance -- sorry if I missed something I would be really interested to know more please.
Vice-Captain

25 May 2020 10:18 am:

I rather think Leb was referring to the Dominic Cummings, affair and MrJohnson's support, completely agree Leb, beginning to feel a bit like a mushroom.
Vice-Captain

25 May 2020 10:22 am:

Club still have my money from games I didn't see last/this season, and are happily taking out of my bank account money for next season, and I have had no communication whatsoever about this.
Hall of Famer

25 May 2020 10:37 am:

There is a lot going on within the Premiership right now. There are a lot of clubs who would like to see the cap come down, and a number who would like to see 'marquee' players disappear. Obviously Briss have publicly said they want to keep the cap at its current level, and retain marquee players, Bath and Sarries' owners can afford to keep subsidising their clubs, but I suspect most of the rest would like to see change. From what I'm hearing they think they can get the votes required to put through the changes (or some of them), and I would not be surprised to see clubs off-loading their most expensive players, especially if they are foreign ones, in advance of the changes.

The model has been broken for a while, and this is a once-in-a-lifetime (I hope) chance to reset things, and my hunch is that is what Glaws is doing. I wonder whether Mostert is off to Japan because he wants to go, or in part because he's been told the lie of the land?

Me, I'd have a bigger, cheaper squad, and if players decide they want to go, then let 'em. There's a finite capacity within Japanese rugby - they can't take everyone! Salary inflation has got out of hand and needs to be brought back in line.

My sympathies are 100% with MStQ trying to manage a business with huge overheads and no income coming in. I know what I'd be doing in his position, and it's not thinking about signing expensive players or head coaches.
Cherchez la truffe
Hall of Famer

25 May 2020 10:39 am:

I am also with Leb. Like him I am always 100% behind the club and have been for nigh on 60 years and I do feel it is time for the club to let us know what is going on.
Never Stay Down.
Hall of Famer

25 May 2020 10:48 am:

foresterinyorks wrote:I am also with Leb. Like him I am always 100% behind the club and have been for nigh on 60 years and I do feel it is time for the club to let us know what is going on.

Problem is you can't let us know what is going on without letting every other club in the land know what is going on. Do we really want to be airing our dirty laundry to rivals.
Keyser Sose
Hall of Famer

25 May 2020 10:55 am:

A good point Sheddy, but sadly the rumour mill seems to be airing the unmentionables at the moment.
Never Stay Down.
Dude

25 May 2020 10:56 am:

What dirty laundry?
Hall of Famer

25 May 2020 11:13 am:

Lebowski wrote:What dirty laundry?

Forgive me I've misunderstood the general consensus of opinion on here but the feeling seems to be that not everything is rosy behind the scenes at Kingsholm at the moment.
Keyser Sose
Dude

25 May 2020 11:30 am:

No problem. Perhaps it’s me who has misunderstood. Your reply was to foresterinyorks who quoted me so I thought you were referring to what I’d written.
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby