Rumours

Re: Rumours

stevieb 28 May 2020 11:26 am said..

stuartjames wrote:That reads like a summary of this thread :)

Yes, some real indepth investigative reporting there!
stevieb
Hall of Famer

GrumpyGlos 28 May 2020 21:01 pm said..

We may not need to build a training facility Hartpury re going to be more strapped for cash than Gloucester Rugby and the number of foreign students will be drastically reduced, they may just want us to stay a while longer.
GrumpyGlos
Vice-Captain

Face 28 May 2020 21:11 pm said..

Re Hartpury; Sounds like a worthwhile discussion for both parties. I am sure neither will want to commence big building projects in the current climate so it could be in both parties interest to extend the relationship for at least a further 12 months. If as rumoured the CVC money has been set aside for this project, then it could provide vital short term funds to see the club through this time
Face
Senior squad member

Noobs 28 May 2020 22:51 pm said..

Maybe mentioned elsewhere but rugby pod suggesting Mostert and other SA players to join Ackermann out in Japan.
Noobs
Vice-Captain

Saint 29 May 2020 07:57 am said..

Thinking we can stay at Hartpury is clutching at straws! Rugby is only part of their business and reclaiming occupancy of their buildings will be like having the benefits of another sizeable capital investment without having made one!

My concern is more about the money the RFU pays to PRL, I hear that is linked to RFU finances and is under real threat, that could knock a hole in all Premiership club budgets!
Saint
Senior squad member

Face 29 May 2020 08:45 am said..

Saint, but if they have buildings but are not able to fill them with Students then what use are they? Better to receive rental income from Gloucester.
Face
Senior squad member

Gloucester Mute 29 May 2020 08:49 am said..

Face wrote:Saint, but if they have buildings but are not able to fill them with Students then what use are they? Better to receive rental income from Gloucester.

There is no shortage of students !! They simply want the College to have more access to their own facilities rather than having to work around GRFC. My full understanding is that GRFC ended-up treating the facilities as theirs NOT Hartpury's (irrespective of the small hire charge being paid). A tad arrogant of the tenant ??
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2398  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Crasher 29 May 2020 10:08 am said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:
Face wrote:Saint, but if they have buildings but are not able to fill them with Students then what use are they? Better to receive rental income from Gloucester.

There is no shortage of students !! They simply want the College to have more access to their own facilities rather than having to work around GRFC. My full understanding is that GRFC ended-up treating the facilities as theirs NOT Hartpury's (irrespective of the small hire charge being paid). A tad arrogant of the tenant ??

tenant arrogance is water under the bridge at this point - if hartpury are not worried about student numbers next year, then they are the only university in the world who are in that privileged position... on paper looks like a sensible option for both parties
Crasher
Vice-Captain

Allez Glaws 29 May 2020 10:29 am said..

Noobs wrote:Maybe mentioned elsewhere but rugby pod suggesting Mostert and other SA players to join Ackermann out in Japan.

Unless I'm missing something Mostert is being linked to a different team than Ackermann is joining, and Ruan has supposedly already stated he's staying to get English residency. If they swan off to any old Japanese team just because JA has gone I would be incredibly disappointed.
Allez Glaws
On the board

Gloucester Mute 29 May 2020 11:15 am said..

SA mercenaries (aka professional sportsmen)…………

Sadly loyalty has little credibility in the professional era save some notable exceptions. You go where the money is....
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2398  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby