Rumours

Re: Rumours

Creamoftheprop 03 Jun 2020 19:09 pm said..

theoptimist wrote:
Creamoftheprop wrote:

If any of those sign this summer, I'll streak at the next Lesta v Glaws game.

That’d definitely sacrifice your shedweb anonymity... No more hiding behind the keyboard in your cherry and white Mankini. :lol:

Absolutely. I'd have to source a Cherry and White mankini if I'm streaking!!! :D
Creamoftheprop
Senior squad member

RossM 03 Jun 2020 20:02 pm said..

steckers wrote:I prefer Umaga to Sopoaga. Not sure I would compare him to Cipriani - different but just as exciting.

Sopps has unexpectedly flourished at 15 in the last 3 games which we won and gained maximum points, bringing us up to fifth in the table. I doubt if we'll see him at 10 again.
‘Politicians and diapers must be changed often and for the same reason.’ Mark Twain.
RossM
Vice-Captain

Pest 03 Jun 2020 21:02 pm said..

RossM wrote:
steckers wrote:I prefer Umaga to Sopoaga. Not sure I would compare him to Cipriani - different but just as exciting.

Sopps has unexpectedly flourished at 15 in the last 3 games which we won and gained maximum points, bringing us up to fifth in the table. I doubt if we'll see him at 10 again.

Exactly this. Sops at 15, Gopps at 12, and Umaga at 10.
Pest
Hall of Famer

Diamo 04 Jun 2020 08:27 am said..

Not quite a rumour (and not sure if it has been covered yet), but Bris to wave goodbye to 20 players at the end of the season, with 7 coming in.

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/bristol- ... -squad-lam
Posts: 842  Location: Munich mostly and sometimes the sprawling metropolis of Stroud
Diamo
On the board

stuartjames 04 Jun 2020 08:34 am said..

so that might be one ,or 20 , reasons they can spend a bit then ?
stuartjames
Hall of Famer

caldiglaws 04 Jun 2020 08:56 am said..

Apart from Madigan not really the high earners leaving and I'm not sure Madigans latest contract was as valuable as his first
caldiglaws
Hero in the making

jimKRFC 04 Jun 2020 10:06 am said..

caldiglaws wrote:Apart from Madigan not really the high earners leaving and I'm not sure Madigans latest contract was as valuable as his first

Madigan only had the one contract with us, 3 years at between £300k & £500 (depending on who you believe). Crane was also on big wages as was Stirzaker. Those three would cover Sinckler. Earl & Malins are cheap (sarries are paying most of it), Radrada's exempt, Eadie & Cook are not big earners (and unwanted at current clubs). Leaving only Naulago - a one season Rugby League player, wanting to be close to home (Warminster I seem to recall) so again not huge money...

However, Bristol are filling the squad with 3 academy graduates (all Bristolian I think), and 12 integrated academy players that train full time.

So we're fine on the cap, but thanks for the concern! :D
jimKRFC
First team regular

TP17 04 Jun 2020 11:07 am said..

I’m not concerned about Bristol being over the cap, it’s clear most of the squad aren’t on big money which balances things. What concerns me more is the huge wages that their big earners are receiving and how this is inflating wage expectations in the league. Especially at a time of such financial insecurity. There’s no point in Landsown trying to buy the Premiership if there aren’t any Premiership clubs left for his team to play.
TP17
Hall of Famer

ROLLO 04 Jun 2020 12:19 pm said..

JimKRFC if Sarries are paying the greater part of Earl amd Malins contarcts that will go towards the cap that they have to adhere to to gain promotion.
ROLLO
Hall of Famer

jimKRFC 04 Jun 2020 14:13 pm said..

TP17 wrote:I’m not concerned about Bristol being over the cap, it’s clear most of the squad aren’t on big money which balances things. What concerns me more is the huge wages that their big earners are receiving and how this is inflating wage expectations in the league. Especially at a time of such financial insecurity. There’s no point in Landsown trying to buy the Premiership if there aren’t any Premiership clubs left for his team to play.

To be fair as we've only been in the premiership for 3 seasons in the past 10 I don't think you can blame wage inflation just on Bristol...
jimKRFC
First team regular
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby