Rumours

Re: Rumours

Chris Jones 04 Jun 2020 14:48 pm said..

Understand that Jim but there is definitely a huge gap between the haves and have nots! All credit to Pat Lam on finding bargains - with the little help of the best pitch, one of the biggest support bases, a fantastic Bristol Sport PR machine, a state of the art training ground, and arguably the best stadium facility in the Premiership. Not forgetting the highest paid coaches and support staff

One final point....there is no salary cap in the Championship so they have been spending big time for more than 3 years

Well done Bris - Seriously not envious but does Lansdown have a twin brother to lend us???
Chris Jones
Vice-Captain

caldiglaws 04 Jun 2020 15:10 pm said..

I was told by one of Bristol's support staff that Madigan contract had an extension cause and after the initial contract was up the extension was on a reduced amount that is what I'm getting at.
and the likes of Crane were also not on the same money as when they arrived older players as we know take reductions after peaking.
I'm not saying that Bristol were over the cap but I'm saying it's not the biggest earners on the books who are leaving and a lot of the money will be spent as you say on academy players ect that are being promoted to fill the squad.
And I'm also not sure how these loan deals are working with Saracens but as it was pointed out their books are going to be looked at when it comes to promotion.
caldiglaws
Hero in the making

Chalker 05 Jun 2020 08:59 am said..

Not a rumour but it seems Bath has found a few quid down the back of the sofa.
Spencer, Spencer and Schoeman signed.
Chalker
Hall of Famer

colinboag 05 Jun 2020 10:02 am said..

...and they've also let players go...just for the sake of balance
Cherchez la truffe
colinboag
Hall of Famer

TP17 05 Jun 2020 11:09 am said..

Surprised that they’ve let Tom Homer go, he’s always been a thorn in our side when we play them.
TP17
Hall of Famer

Edd_Wilts 05 Jun 2020 11:12 am said..

Homer has some good games but also suffers from some terrible decision making at times as well.....i think we are ok with that kind of player :D :D :D
Edd_Wilts
Turns out for the A team

TP17 05 Jun 2020 12:30 pm said..

Aled Brew and Levi Douglas are surprising exits as well. Is Ben Spencer permanent?
TP17
Hall of Famer

Castle Grim Reaper 05 Jun 2020 14:47 pm said..

TP17 wrote:Aled Brew and Levi Douglas are surprising exits as well. Is Ben Spencer permanent?

Brew is 33 so maybe not a surprise, they are sure to have an academy wing of his quality.
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer

Camel 05 Jun 2020 14:51 pm said..

Castle Grim Reaper wrote:
TP17 wrote:Aled Brew and Levi Douglas are surprising exits as well. Is Ben Spencer permanent?

Brew is 33 so maybe not a surprise, they are sure to have an academy wing of his quality.

The don't, but London Irish do.
"Remember that Rugby is team game; all 14 of you make sure that you pass the ball to Jonah"
Camel
Hall of Famer

Glos1012 05 Jun 2020 14:57 pm said..

Hamer-Webb is very good.
Glos1012
Hero in the making
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby