Rumours

Hall of Famer

Re: Rumours

22 Jul 2020 10:49 am:

Wow - Felix is just 32! If it were not for his neck injury he could be a player coach.
First team regular

22 Jul 2020 11:24 am:

Lewi7 wrote:Moneyball - the concept is believed to being used by Liverpool FC, who've had some success over the last couple of years ;)

And Brentford. Type “Moneyball and Brentford” into a search engine for a host of good reads. Humble Brentford have ripped up the How To Run A Football Club manual in recent years. They are now knocking on the door of the Premier League and sit well above clubs with much greater pedigrees and budgets in the Championship. It’s fascinating.

Sorry to go back to this, but Aston Villa also tried this in the '15-16 season. Ended with a near record low points total and three years in the second division before managing to claw our way back into the Premier League again (and not for long by the looks of it). It's no magic bullet, and very easy to get wrong: if you're deliberately targeting undervalued players they tend to be undervalued for a reason.
First team regular

22 Jul 2020 11:25 am:

oops, messed up the quotes there
Hall of Famer

22 Jul 2020 11:46 am:

For those that haven't got time to read the book watch the film. Really good watch.
Keyser Sose
Hall of Famer

22 Jul 2020 11:57 am:

I'd argue the book and film are very different: the book is firstly education, the film is firstly entertainment.
Vice-Captain

22 Jul 2020 12:09 pm:

prop_lyd wrote:
Be interesting to see if any other NFL teams look at him, with one more year of his NFL International designation left, he could technically be a free roster player and not count towards their squad limit.

If he were to come back I'd hope Glos would have a look at him, he was down as a tight end in NFL so would have improved his short distance sprint and breaking tackles too.

Unlikely this summer as being reported that there will be no pre-season NFL games and training camps will be limited to 80 rather than 90 players.
Vice-Captain

22 Jul 2020 12:31 pm:

madders wrote:Why did you go and say that for?
Don’t tempt fate, it it weren’t for the cheats from Barnet it would be “squeaky bum “ time based on our most recent form. :o :o

Good point - will keep trap shut! :lol:
Hall of Famer

23 Jul 2020 11:30 am:

Tigers sign Cheetahs number 8 Jasper Wiese.
13th new signing.
Suspect Tigers have 3 more to make judging from "word on the Street".
Hall of Famer

23 Jul 2020 12:17 pm:

grunter wrote:I wonder just how many of these 1805 pages actually have anything to do with "Rumours"?

I would very much like to see the Admins lock this thread when it reaches 1873 pages ;)
On the board

23 Jul 2020 17:51 pm:

I would very much like to see the Admins lock this thread when it reaches 1873 pages ;)[/quote],

I second that
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby