Rumours

Re: Rumours

CMGC 14 Sep 2020 08:10 am said..

To be honest I see little wrong with 36/ Trins/Aki and Harris with Seabrook and Banners as backups. Our current game style works well with these guys and we score as many tries with them as any team.
Extra players nned to be in the front row/ locks and possibly half backs. Our youngsters seem to be showing some real promise so perhaps that is a better solution/ use of money.
CMGC

Big Red 14 Sep 2020 08:49 am said..

CMGC wrote:To be honest I see little wrong with 36/ Trins/Aki and Harris with Seabrook and Banners as backups. Our current game style works well with these guys and we score as many tries with them as any team.
Extra players nned to be in the front row/ locks and possibly half backs. Our youngsters seem to be showing some real promise so perhaps that is a better solution/ use of money.

I actually agree with this, but if you look at the links and obviously RJVR falling through and the type of player he is, it seems inevitable.
Big Red
Hall of Famer

Staggy 14 Sep 2020 09:57 am said..

Been happy with Garvey since his arrival, so with him being given a new contract, Slater, Alemmanno, Craig and Clarke, plus maybe Beckett or Drake in the wings, I think that we are fairly set at lock. We may need an extra prop though.
Staggy
Senior squad member

Legendoft'Autostrada 14 Sep 2020 11:44 am said..

Staggy wrote:Been happy with Garvey since his arrival, so with him being given a new contract, Slater, Alemmanno, Craig and Clarke, plus maybe Beckett or Drake in the wings, I think that we are fairly set at lock. We may need an extra prop though.

There is also Cameron Jordan, signed from the Leicester academy, and Fred Clarke can do the job in any emergency. Don't think second row is the priority - a big old lump in the front row (a la Mulipola) is, I think.
Legendoft'Autostrada
Leg-end

Sheddy Mcshedface 14 Sep 2020 11:47 am said..

With Mulipola heading back to Newcs then another prop would definitely be on the wishlist.
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer
Keyser Sose

Wilkosam 14 Sep 2020 12:11 pm said..

Just on the subject of prop additions, I've been very impressed by Jack Stanley.
Wilkosam
Vice-Captain

Big Red 14 Sep 2020 12:19 pm said..

Wilkosam wrote:Just on the subject of prop additions, I've been very impressed by Jack Stanley.

+1 and Fourie, now he's at prop instead of hooker.
Big Red
Hall of Famer

The Bear Grills 14 Sep 2020 12:50 pm said..

This is my very first post and I may have missed an earlier comment about about rumours but according to the BBC (https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/54138322) Luther Burrell is looking for a way back into Rugby Union. May be a good back-up as a centre.
The Bear Grills
On a trial

Staggy 14 Sep 2020 13:12 pm said..

Legendoft'Autostrada wrote:
Staggy wrote:Been happy with Garvey since his arrival, so with him being given a new contract, Slater, Alemmanno, Craig and Clarke, plus maybe Beckett or Drake in the wings, I think that we are fairly set at lock. We may need an extra prop though.

There is also Cameron Jordan, signed from the Leicester academy, and Fred Clarke can do the job in any emergency. Don't think second row is the priority - a big old lump in the front row (a la Mulipola) is, I think.

Forgot about him! Will Garvey get an extension then or is the cupboard now full? Personally I hope so, as good experienced gnarly locks are always needed.
Staggy
Senior squad member

James J 14 Sep 2020 13:14 pm said..

The Bear Grills wrote:This is my very first post and I may have missed an earlier comment about about rumours but according to the BBC (https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/54138322) Luther Burrell is looking for a way back into Rugby Union. May be a good back-up as a centre.

Welcome - it's on the previous page ;)
James J
Hero in the making
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby