Rumours

Re: Rumours

Rolfem 16 Sep 2020 15:06 pm said..

Legendoft'Autostrada wrote:At the risk of being uncharitable, why on earth would Sale need a multi-million pound stadium? :D

So the 100 or so fans can follow social distancing rules :D
Rolfem
Senior squad member
Posts: 129  Location: South of Cirencester but Heart is in Gloucester

kingsholmmick 16 Sep 2020 15:55 pm said..

well clearly someone at sale has some ambition but given the current economic climate they must need their heads examining !
kingsholmmick
On the board

TP17 17 Sep 2020 09:00 am said..

Northampton have signed Alex Seville as loosehead cover for their European game against Exeter (they’re down to one loosehead through injury). Gloucester Rugby have loaned the player until the end of September.
TP17
Hall of Famer

ShedOrDead 17 Sep 2020 09:12 am said..

kingsholmmick wrote:well clearly someone at sale has some ambition but given the current economic climate they must need their heads examining !

Crisis breads opportunity sir. I can't imagine Sale would have moved on such a significant investment without a lot of checking of numbers and business cases.
ShedOrDead
Hall of Famer

ShedOrDead 17 Sep 2020 09:15 am said..

TP17 wrote:Northampton have signed Alex Seville as loosehead cover for their European game against Exeter (they’re down to one loosehead through injury). Gloucester Rugby have loaned the player until the end of September.

A good move for all parties concerned. Saints get a LHP for their European games and Seville gets Champions Cup rugby while remaining a Glaws player.

Will be interesting to see him line up AGAINST Glaws in a couple of week though... :shock:
ShedOrDead
Hall of Famer

The Bear Grills 17 Sep 2020 09:24 am said..

Legendoft'Autostrada wrote:At the risk of being uncharitable, why on earth would Sale need a multi-million pound stadium? :D

For information: I grew up in that area, even tried to play rugby while at school and I can tell you that there are parts of Sale, Altrincham, Timperley, Hale, Halebarns, Bowdon etc. all within a few miles of the centre of Sale that are extremely wealthy. I expect they want to tap into the market for private boxes and corporate entertainment etc. especially as the main (only) Premiership rugby team in that area and not everyone wants to visit one of the major football teams also within a short distance from that area.
The Bear Grills
On a trial

Legendoft'Autostrada 17 Sep 2020 09:38 am said..

I am also very familiar with that area but didn't realise they had an irony by-pass! :D

(Where in Swisserland are you, Bear? My most favourite holiday destination...)
Legendoft'Autostrada
Leg-end

Allez Glaws 17 Sep 2020 10:06 am said..

ShedOrDead wrote:
TP17 wrote:Northampton have signed Alex Seville as loosehead cover for their European game against Exeter (they’re down to one loosehead through injury). Gloucester Rugby have loaned the player until the end of September.

A good move for all parties concerned. Saints get a LHP for their European games and Seville gets Champions Cup rugby while remaining a Glaws player.

Will be interesting to see him line up AGAINST Glaws in a couple of week though... :shock:

We're playing Saints on 4th October so no issue
Allez Glaws
On the board

The Bear Grills 17 Sep 2020 10:16 am said..

Legendoft'Autostrada wrote:I am also very familiar with that area but didn't realise they had an irony by-pass! :D

The part that looks like a bubble in Germany, look for Zurich then travel north and you can't miss this little canton that looks like the button on a teapot lid. Like Cheshire I always think "Swisserland" looks like a teapot.
I had my first holiday here in January of this year, skiing at Arosa, all my other visits have been on business. I must admit that I really like "Swisserland", its a very amenable country, shame I don't speak German but I try, I just keep dropping the proverbial ball and never quite make the line. :lol:
The Bear Grills
On a trial

TheOtherJonny 17 Sep 2020 10:22 am said..

The Bear Grills wrote:
Legendoft'Autostrada wrote:I am also very familiar with that area but didn't realise they had an irony by-pass! :D

The part that looks like a bubble in Germany, look for Zurich then travel north and you can't miss this little canton that looks like the button on a teapot lid. Like Cheshire I always think "Swisserland" looks like a teapot.
I had my first holiday here in January of this year, skiing at Arosa, all my other visits have been on business. I must admit that I really like "Swisserland", its a very amenable country, shame I don't speak German but I try, I just keep dropping the proverbial ball and never quite make the line. :lol:

Nice place to live, very jealous :mrgreen:
TheOtherJonny
Vice-Captain
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.
Posts: 358  Location: Malvern Wells (most evenings and weekends) Cheltenham (office hours) Kingsholm (home fixtures)
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby