Rumours

Hall of Famer

Re: Rumours

25 Oct 2020 08:14 am:

Racing after VRR according to The Rugby Paper today...
On the board

01 Nov 2020 22:23 pm:

Not a rumour, but a question. Will the club have any incoming replacements for Franco Marais and Logo Mulipola?
Hall of Famer

02 Nov 2020 00:07 am:

God I hope so!!
If the world was a really rational place, it would be men that would ride side saddle

02 Nov 2020 00:28 am:

grunter wrote:Not a rumour, but a question. Will the club have any incoming replacements for Franco Marais and Logo Mulipola?

I believe Scivington was after a Prop, a 2nd Row and a Centre.
aka John Neary
Hall of Famer

02 Nov 2020 10:17 am:

I'd say Garvey will be the second row GS mentioned, as at the time he wasn't under contract. That leaves us with Slater, Garvey, Alemanno and Craig. Clarke to cover also.
Hero in the making

02 Nov 2020 23:10 pm:

Mail on line reporting:
Saracens back in the Prem and Ealing too, for a £50M investment.
(Sorry, refuse to link to the Heil).

02 Nov 2020 23:34 pm:

I get the C-19 interference, but I see no reason why sometime in 2021 a mini League / Cup competition, ala the European Cups, can't be used to get a Championship Champion and even bring in a play-off between them and the Prem bottom place to see who gets the 12th Prem spot. Rules can be changed under the current C-19 situation. However to allow a Club to, allegedly, be able to buy their way into the Prem is, imho, unacceptable. The owner has pumped about £25M into Ealing over the last 25 years and has a nett worth of about £385M. However travel companies are taking a battering and that will be lowering his bank balance.
aka John Neary
Hero in the making

03 Nov 2020 07:04 am:

Billy Meakes back in the premiership with Irish.

Not sure if that was picked up.
Hall of Famer

03 Nov 2020 07:06 am:

A 14-team Premiership makes sense. The next few seasons will be about financial recovery
Cherchez la truffe
Hall of Famer

03 Nov 2020 07:13 am:

colinboag wrote:A 14-team Premiership makes sense. The next few seasons will be about financial recovery

I sadly have to agree BUT is this the way to be doing it ?? Looks like a complete stitch-up by PRL and no doubt all the existing PRL clubs will get their slice of the money ?? Money the Govt, presumably, wouldn't grant them.

The relationship between PRL/Premiership and the rest of the game widens even further.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby