Rumours

Senior squad member

Re: Rumours

08 Apr 2021 19:18 pm:

I hope that is not true, I would hate for us to lose Billy. :(
Hall of Famer

08 Apr 2021 20:31 pm:

Maybe we’ll just loan BTT out to Sarries for a season to help them, possibly, return to the premiership, and then then he’ll migrate back to a proper club and real ‘Holm’....
A noble Salmon in C&W.
Hall of Famer

08 Apr 2021 20:39 pm:

Atkinson rumour is gathering momentum, he’s definitely spoke with Pat.
Hall of Famer

08 Apr 2021 21:49 pm:

Paul Stevens wrote:Maybe we’ll just loan BTT out to Sarries for a season to help them, possibly, return to the premiership, and then then he’ll migrate back to a proper club and real ‘Holm’....
A noble Salmon in C&W.

Why would we want to do that lot any favours at all?
Hall of Famer

08 Apr 2021 22:16 pm:

Allez Glaws wrote:
Paul Stevens wrote:Maybe we’ll just loan BTT out to Sarries for a season to help them, possibly, return to the premiership, and then then he’ll migrate back to a proper club and real ‘Holm’....
A noble Salmon in C&W.

Why would we want to do that lot any favours at all?

Sarcasm....
Dude

09 Apr 2021 07:18 am:

I don’t want either Billy or Aki to leave, however I’ve lost count of the number of posters on here calling for a change at centre. How do we achieve change without change? :?
Hall of Famer

09 Apr 2021 07:28 am:

stop asking sensible questions!
Cherchez la truffe
Hero in the making

09 Apr 2021 08:48 am:

Lebowski wrote:I don’t want either Billy or Aki to leave, however I’ve lost count of the number of posters on here calling for a change at centre. How do we achieve change without change? :?

Better coaching?
Surely both players are still able to find area to improve (they only need to read Shedweb!) and our attack/back play in general needs to move up a notch if we're to achieve/believe some of the posts about next season.

I see Nick Tompkins has gone back to London so that is one centre spot filled.
Hall of Famer

09 Apr 2021 08:49 am:

My hope is that if there is change, it is planned by the management and not forced upon them.

We know what we see on the pitch. We do not know the ins and outs of contract negotiations.

Retaining Billy and Aki is desirable if they continue to represent value for money.
The frightening thing is not dying, the frightening thing is not living
Vice-Captain

09 Apr 2021 09:42 am:

Massive fan of Mark Atkinson, think we look a much bigger threat with him in the side. I would also hope we're not letting him go because of his age.

That said it's always felt he misses a lot of games due to injury (please correct me if I'm wrong) and could understand the value for money argument on back of judgements about his potential availability in the future.

We'd also have to have a significant signing lined up at inside centre to replace him.
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby