Rumours

Re: Rumours

Glosman 07 Oct 2015 08:32 am said..

So if this punishment is for the 2013/14 season then what is going to happen when they do the investigation for the 2014/15 season? Could we see the same 2 clubs being fined or given a point reduction again in a years time? or will it be swept under the carpet as they have already taken one punishment?

Personally if any trophies are involved with the offenders, I hope they are stripped of them as well
Glosman
Senior squad member

grunter 09 Oct 2015 08:48 am said..

This has gone very quiet and has only been muted in TRP. Has anyone got any further news?
grunter
On the board

Asgard 09 Oct 2015 09:02 am said..

I've heard a rumour that Bath & Sarries are not very happy, but I don't know how true it is.
Asgard
Hall of Famer

Beddis 09 Oct 2015 09:18 am said..

Asgard wrote:I've heard a rumour that Bath & Sarries are not very happy, but I don't know how true it is.

Would you be happy if you knew no matter what happened, you would never be GRFC!
Posts: 3611  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis

steckers 09 Oct 2015 12:29 pm said..

I agree re the Bath forum , I looked last week and thought there was a good attitude. I am a little surprised that supporters of the 2 clubs in question are surprised by this. Surely, you just look at their squads and you know they must be pushing their luck.

I'm not too bothered about points deductions - it will make this season meaningless. But I would like to know how the clubs are forced to get under the cap IMMEDIATELY. I don't think they should be permitted to continue unless they either get rid of some players or reduce the wage bill by pay-cuts.
steckers
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 09 Oct 2015 12:33 pm said..

I'm surprised too.....every time I go there or see a numpty in a Bath shirt, it is always the topic of conversation whether they want to or not ;)
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

grunter 13 Oct 2015 09:18 am said..

With the proximity to the start of the AP season, I'm beginning to think that nothing is going to come of this after all......unless anyone knows otherwise. Views anyone?
grunter
On the board

madders 13 Oct 2015 10:02 am said..

Is the salary cap legally enforceable?
In this day and age a salary cap seems so ridiculous and has been a factor in players going abroad (and being ignored by the selectors); but then it's mighty big of the "old farts" to deny the players access to the best pay and financial security for their families, but I guess from the Ivory Towers of Twickenham who cares?

Food for thought though, just think how many teams at RWC have selected players who play in France, or abroad, and are still in the competition.
madders
Hall of Famer

Ken Burney 13 Oct 2015 10:23 am said..

Madders ... of those countries still left in the tournament New Zealand and Ireland centrally contract their top players to keep them in their country and Wales, in a more limited way, has started that process.

New Zealand won the last RWC so having players centrally contracted didn't work out too badly for them did it?
Ken Burney
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 13 Oct 2015 10:33 am said..

Salary Cap is 'enforcable' by PRL, England Rugby selection policy is RFU....two totally seperate entities. It's only enforceable in the sense that if you don't like the rules of the organisation then you are free to b*gger off elsewhere...oh you've got nowhere else (at the moment!) for you and your other rich chums to go and play....in that case abide by the rules.

As Glaws have seen before, punishment involving fines and points deductions (suspended or otherwise) can happen, at any time and even after the season has ended appeals can chnage the outcome.

For those interested https://companycheck.co.uk/company/03096937/PREMIER-RUGBY-LIMITED/summary
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby