Rumours

Re: Rumours

DieTrying 13 Oct 2015 11:27 am said..

Ken Burney wrote:Madders ... of those countries still left in the tournament New Zealand and Ireland centrally contract their top players to keep them in their country and Wales, in a more limited way, has started that process.

New Zealand won the last RWC so having players centrally contracted didn't work out too badly for them did it?

They also lost in 1999,2003 & 2007 which were all post central contract.
DieTrying

Castle Grim Reaper 13 Oct 2015 16:20 pm said..

A lot of people are saying that a big fine would not hurt these people but wouldn't it be a good idea to take the fine out of the salary cap making them reduce their squads even further.
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer

TOBIAS 13 Oct 2015 19:05 pm said..

This may not be a surprise but I was told yesterday by a mate who although `not in the know` he comes up with some snippets and has a relation who is on the medical staff. Hudson`s injury is almost certainly season ending and could, at his age, be career ending. Sad if it happens. We rarely get news from the club re injuries when other clubs seem to come clean in that respect. It has always been a bit of a bee in my bonnet about our club
TOBIAS
Hero in the making

Lebowski 13 Oct 2015 19:27 pm said..

I have heard the same Tobias
Lebowski

Castle Grim Reaper 13 Oct 2015 20:10 pm said..

Season ending means end of contract so we have unfortunately probably seen the last of Hudson.

With Puafisi having gone and now Hudson effectively too I expect Glaws will be shopping in the post world cup sales.
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer

Lebowski 13 Oct 2015 20:28 pm said..

Hudson is also a nutritionalist (he performs this role for the club) so he might remain a part of the setup - I hope so.
Lebowski

robs1 14 Oct 2015 07:09 am said..

Lebowski wrote:Hudson is also a nutritionalist (he performs this role for the club) so he might remain a part of the setup - I hope so.

So if he is forced to retire but stays on the books does his salary then drop off the cap ?
robs1
Hall of Famer

Hucclecote Glaws 14 Oct 2015 07:21 am said..

The salary cap only applies to players, not coaching or support staff, so if he retired from playing due to injury, I believe his salary would then be taken out of the cap.
"In my experience, eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles."

Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones
Hucclecote Glaws
Hall of Famer

SirHenry 19 Oct 2015 10:31 am said..

Picamoles to an unnamed English club is rumoured in Midi-Olympic.

Speculation that he may become a Bath "Marquee" signing, which begs the inevitable questions ....
The frightening thing is not dying, the frightening thing is not living
SirHenry
On the board

Chris in Spain 19 Oct 2015 11:46 am said..

SirHenry wrote:Picamoles to an unnamed English club is rumoured in Midi-Olympic.

Speculation that he may become a Bath "Marquee" signing, which begs the inevitable questions ....

I had heard Northampton........as an unsubstantiated rumour.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something." ~ Plato
Chris in Spain
Hero in the making
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby