Rumours

Re: Rumours

Camel 10 Jan 2018 09:09 am said..

stevieb wrote:
Camel wrote:
CMGC wrote:Ok I assumed that as we have 11 "back 5" in the squad that was enough for the 6 match day places required. Perhaps not?
So from what we know or is rumoured we are losing
Afoa
Hibbard
Thrush?
Moriarty

Anyone else on the cards?

There might be 11 in the back 5, but I think there's only 6 in the back 3 (Sharples, Woodward, Marshall, Halaifonua, Thornley & Purdy). That's very little cover, given it's covering 3 positions. I would suggest we need at least 1 more player to ensure we've got adequate cover - Banahan is that man.

And Hudson. I guess he might be academy? But performed well when called upon earlier this season.

Yep, I forgot about Hudson. So 7 incumbent with one addition for next season. 8 players covering 3 positions seems about right, particularly if we're going to be playing Champions Cup rugby next season. I think the only player who is OOC in that group is Halaifonua.
"Remember that Rugby is team game; all 14 of you make sure that you pass the ball to Jonah"
Camel
Hall of Famer

grunter 10 Jan 2018 10:12 am said..

Vennvenn wrote:Yep Motu to Brizzle. Scott off too maybe?

I was also wondering about Matt Scott's future. He's not had a lot of game or bench time recently, despite being fit and available. Perhaps someone will know more?
grunter
On the board

Big Red 10 Jan 2018 10:25 am said..

Surprised nothing more has been made about Rohan Janse Van Rensburg. He's only on loan at Sale until next month and hasn't signed with them for next year. Ex of the Lions and apparently close with Ackers Junior (and senior!). I'm sure we have been previously linked with him. Would be a great signing and even better to snatch him from under the noses of Sale.

Also a story on Codero to Tigers short term, who is another we've been linked with.
Big Red
Hall of Famer

The Shuthonger One 10 Jan 2018 10:39 am said..

Simon Zebo to Racing 92
The Shuthonger One
Vice-Captain

Forest 10 Jan 2018 11:39 am said..

Announcement today
Forest
Senior squad member

TP17 10 Jan 2018 11:53 am said..

I reckon it will be Banahan announced at 12pm
TP17
Hall of Famer

Peanutcoxy 10 Jan 2018 12:11 pm said..

Confirmed
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

glawfindel 10 Jan 2018 12:43 pm said..

I may be imagining it, but I thought I read/heard Matthews to Exeter some time ago?
glawfindel
Hall of Famer

Marble Eye 10 Jan 2018 13:13 pm said..

The Shuthonger One wrote:Simon Zebo to Racing 92

...And, consequently, Munster interested in signing Cordero.
Marble Eye
Hall of Famer

Ciren Ranger 11 Jan 2018 16:18 pm said..

I wouldn't be too fussed about signing either Barrow or Matthews. Both leak penalties, Matthews is lightweight and Barrow, for whatever reason, cannot get into a team that whose weakest part is the second row.
Ciren Ranger
First team regular
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby