Rumours

Re: Rumours

Original Tetley 14 Jan 2018 12:42 pm said..

Original Tetley wrote:Read somewhere on Twitter we're in for Rohan Janse Van Rensburg. He's a 23 year old inside centre from The Lions who's currently on loan at Sale.

Bump..
Original Tetley
Senior squad member

Opportunist 14 Jan 2018 13:00 pm said..

TRP apparently suggesting Sale are the slight favourites to sign him at this point.

12 seems to be the most competitive position in the team right now. If we're after someone like Van Rensburg who would be a certain starter then there must be at least 1 player leaving. Scott, Symons and Atkinson are all in the second years of their contracts with us. Scott unfortunately hasn't featured much this season after being excellent last year. It's a shame as I think he could do really well under Ackermann.
Opportunist
On the board

Big Red 14 Jan 2018 15:41 pm said..

Sale will be favourites, but the Ackermann link to the player could be important. He'd be a huge upgrade on Atkinson or Symons.
Big Red
Hall of Famer

TP17 14 Jan 2018 16:54 pm said..

Van Rensberg would be a fantastic signing, an absolute bulldozer and knows how Johan likes to play. He was very destructive at CG.
TP17
Hall of Famer

NorthernShedHead 15 Jan 2018 08:07 am said..

https://www.ruck.co.uk/rugby-transfer-r ... ulation/2/

Updated yesterday with a round up of rumours... still linked with van rensberg and *shudders* Hask
NorthernShedHead
Vice-Captain

HKC 15 Jan 2018 10:20 am said..

TRP suggested we were looking at Haskell last year. I can't imagine we'd sign him and Kiel, but I would welcome him with open arms. He has a huge amount of experience and his peers widely recognise him as having a huge work ethic and having a positive input into teams.
HKC
On the board

Merican forester 15 Jan 2018 10:30 am said..

I second that about Hasks, i’d Love him at glaws. Highly experienced, amazing work ethic on and off the field and EQP.
Merican forester
Vice-Captain

Lebowski 15 Jan 2018 10:32 am said..

Rather have Kriel but would be very happy with either.
Lebowski

Glaws 15 Jan 2018 10:46 am said..

I too would welcome Haskell, he's a great player and has vast experience at the very highest level.
However, I'd imagine he'd command a pretty hefty wage (probably not as much as we were offering Ross to stay though..) so there may, be better value for money options out there. He is obviously eqp though so that's a bonus.

I see Bristol as his more likely destination were he to leave Wasps.
Glaws
On the board

Glen Sannox 15 Jan 2018 10:50 am said..

Haskell would be great, but I fear it isn't going to happen. Until the red card he was having a good game yesterday (I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a very short ban - it wasn't as bad as some made it out to be....typically, Wales Online called it 'sickening! That's a word they only use if it's a Welsh player on the receiving end! :lol: )
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby