New Head Coach and Coaching Team

Re: New Head Coach and Coaching Team

lucifer 19 Mar 2017 17:47 pm said..

I thought we didn't do these negotiations through the media now!
lucifer
Vice-Captain

Lambpie 19 Mar 2017 17:55 pm said..

WitneyFoxy wrote:According to the Rugby Paper if Ackerman rejects our offer we will be after Simon Easterby currently Ireland's forwards coach.

Who worked with Humpreys and Bell at Ulster so this makes sense
Lambpie
Vice-Captain

Chalker 19 Mar 2017 18:17 pm said..

Lambpie wrote:
WitneyFoxy wrote:According to the Rugby Paper if Ackerman rejects our offer we will be after Simon Easterby currently Ireland's forwards coach.

Ah, the old pals act again? Good decision as it means we might see more of the charming Sara.
Chalker
On the board

EDDIE SPAG 19 Mar 2017 21:35 pm said..

Lambpie wrote:

Why does this make sense? What has Humphrey's achieved? In fact what does he actually do? OK every time the shizzle hit's fan, he sack's someone! But what does he actually do? Fair play to Johnny Bell he's on the money, but David Humphrey's is past his sell by date, blow him out, who needs a DOR anyway? All he seem's to do is take the credit's when we win, and pass the buck when we lose! ie: 'This is just not acceptable, we should of closed the game out, blah blah blah' and when we win ' That was a great performance tonight we're so proud of the lads (and rightly so), but, IMHO is'nt it time to part ways with someone who has brought this beloved club to it's knee's. :shock:
EDDIE SPAG
Turns out for the A team

grunter 19 Mar 2017 22:30 pm said..

EDDIE SPAG wrote:
Lambpie wrote:

Why does this make sense? What has Humphrey's achieved? In fact what does he actually do? OK every time the shizzle hit's fan, he sack's someone! But what does he actually do? Fair play to Johnny Bell he's on the money, but David Humphrey's is past his sell by date, blow him out, who needs a DOR anyway? All he seem's to do is take the credit's when we win, and pass the buck when we lose! ie: 'This is just not acceptable, we should of closed the game out, blah blah blah' and when we win ' That was a great performance tonight we're so proud of the lads (and rightly so), but, IMHO is'nt it time to part ways with someone who has brought this beloved club to it's knee's. :shock:

https://winnyssite.wordpress.com/2017/0 ... head-coach
grunter
Vice-Captain

Stretch61 19 Mar 2017 23:12 pm said..

Did Easterby take over at Scarlets when Davies left to join us? If so, how did he do? No idea, just interested to know. . .
Stretch61
First team regular

Lambpie 20 Mar 2017 00:13 am said..

EDDIE SPAG wrote:
Lambpie wrote:

Calm down!! I meant that it makes sense he should be linked as they have worked together previously
Lambpie
Vice-Captain

hairyglaws 20 Mar 2017 07:12 am said..

From an utopian point of view, Pat Lam or Collazo for me, purely based on results n success in non trendy outfits; i.e. over achieving. We need a serious lift/impact from the get go, not a ssslllooow steady climb.
I really don't want to wait x years before bloke gets his ethos/culture down.

3 of the key signings coming: Fearns, Val & Williams look a serious move in right direction already. Foot to the floor please, no prisoners

Surely someone who is used to winning right now is a priority, I also always want my coach being from ze forwards

On DH front, if we ain't 6th next year, n I appreciate big jump in league positions from current regular 9th, he can leave after next season as well.
Yes my stability argument goes in bin then, but I can't have teflon at the top inexorably; that will always breed complacency, n god knows we have had enough of that over last 5-6 years.
He's paid the big bucks, thus responsible for delivery
hairyglaws
Hero in the making

CMGC 22 Mar 2017 16:13 pm said..

Ok We are guessing at who Hump will appoint as the new HC but it is interesting to look around and see what is going on. I guess 10 plus years ago nearly all the Prem Head coaches were English. Quite understandable given we are England.
A look now is complicated by the fact that a lot of clubs have a DOR and a Head coach, but if you look at the senior rugby appointee in each of the 12 teams we have Baxter, Kingston, Richards, Mallinder and Diamond Geezer (5) who are English and the Rest from NZ, Ire, Wales, SA, Oz)
Even National Coaches are from their own nation in NZ, Oz, SA, Arg, France, Scotland ( now) We seem to have a crisis of confidence in our own Coaches in England ? I find it odd that despite the number of potential coaches that must be in Eng we can find so few. It is a shame that it seems Glos will follow this trend with another overseas name.
CMGC

Lewi7 22 Mar 2017 17:41 pm said..

Isn't there an English coach involved at Leinster ?
Posts: 2973  Location: Rueil Malmaison, Paris, sometimes London, sometimes other places !
Lewi7
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion