New Head Coach and Coaching Team

New Head Coach and Coaching Team

TOBIAS 07 Mar 2017 14:57 pm said..

Well it does appear that DH maybe has someone in mind - or may be a short list. I haven`t got a clue who could get the job. A lot may rest on the takeover if it happens. How about Collazo and Azam ? Someone like Venter maybe. Any ideas ?
Posts: 336  Location: Kings Stanley weekends Oxford (practice) Mon - Thurs
TOBIAS
Vice-Captain

Re: New Head Coach and Coaching Team

Glen Sannox 07 Mar 2017 15:02 pm said..

I like your style: make a long list of people involved with rugby, and stick a pin into it....
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
On the board

Agent Grim 07 Mar 2017 15:22 pm said..

Glen Sannox wrote:I like your style: make a long list of people involved with rugby, and stick a pin into it....

:lol:
Agent Grim
Vice-Captain

Fat Taff 07 Mar 2017 15:59 pm said..

Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

Jackal 07 Mar 2017 16:05 pm said..

Ha!

Whoever it is, I imagine the announcement is being held off to closer to the end of the domestic season as both a courtesy to LF and also the club they may be moving on from. The statement suggested to me someone was already lined up and considering LF knew he was going, decided to step aside early.
Gloucester born and bred
Jackal
Turns out for the A team

tigerchef 07 Mar 2017 16:10 pm said..

Saw Mark Mapletoft in Gloucester at the weekend.
tigerchef
Vice-Captain

CMGC 07 Mar 2017 16:17 pm said..

I guess we'll never know. Conspiracy theorists dream !!! At least LF had the clarity of mind to determine his own future even if it was borne of frustration.
I note that Eng DOR/HC's are rarer with only 6 left in the Prem now although it is complicated with the some clubs not having a DOR. (eg. Exeter) It will be interesting to see if we go for an English candidate or Europe or SH. I would hope we get someone with a strong background in the Prem but like quality players they are hard to find. I wonder what other coaches think of Glos as an employment option ??
CMGC

Ashtennisguru 07 Mar 2017 16:35 pm said..

^^^ I would also add to that that a coach whom players want to come and play for would be an advantage, given that we will be playing 2nd tier European Rugby next season and as of right now don't have Msr Altrad's bank balance.

Who would Rugby's equivalent of Jurgen Klopp be???
Ashtennisguru
Vice-Captain

Castle Grim Reaper 07 Mar 2017 16:42 pm said..

Rob Elloway :?
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer

tigerchef 07 Mar 2017 16:46 pm said..

Ashtennisguru wrote:^^^ I would also add to that that a coach whom players want to come and play for would be an advantage, given that we will be playing 2nd tier European Rugby next season and as of right now don't have Msr Altrad's bank balance.

Who would Rugby's equivalent of Jurgen Klopp be???

Wayne Smith
tigerchef
Vice-Captain
Next

Return to General Discussion