New Head Coach and Coaching Team

Re: New Head Coach and Coaching Team

CMGC 22 Mar 2017 17:43 pm said..

Yup there are a few ;) but not ( I think) in DOR or HC roles. That seems to be the failing, which on paper makes no sense. Are the Welsh provinces all with Welsh coaches? ( I haven't googled as yet).
CMGC

Lewi7 22 Mar 2017 18:02 pm said..

Kingsley Jones at the WRU/NGD
Wayne Pivac and Stephen Jones at the Scarlets (I think Wayne Proctor is involved too)
Steve Tandy, Gruff Rees and Johno Gibbs (leaving, returning to NZ), Allan Clarke (joining as forwards coach from Ulster)
Danny Wilson at the Blues.
Posts: 3126  Location: Back in the 'Shire, how long for I wonder ?
Lewi7

CMGC 22 Mar 2017 19:13 pm said..

Ok so that is 3 out of the 4 with very definite Welsh coaching. Quite reasonable all things considered. If Eng are to find a good successor to EJ from Eng ( as is the stated intention) then the pool to pick from isn't that large !!!
CMGC

Castle Grim Reaper 23 Mar 2017 08:24 am said..

Lewi7 wrote:Kingsley Jones at the WRU/NGD
Wayne Pivac and Stephen Jones at the Scarlets (I think Wayne Proctor is involved too)
Steve Tandy, Gruff Rees and Johno Gibbs (leaving, returning to NZ), Allan Clarke (joining as forwards coach from Ulster)
Danny Wilson at the Blues.

Johno Gibbs is not going home, he is the new head coach of Ulster.
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer

herefordglaws 23 Mar 2017 13:09 pm said..

Lewi

Wayne Proctor is not involved with Scarlets (he's strength and conditioning coach with the Welsh Sevens). Stephen Jones is a Scarlets coach, as is a certain Byron Hayward (defence coach).
herefordglaws
On a trial

Baz 25 Mar 2017 13:24 pm said..

Just watching the 'Lions' at 'The Kings' in an empty stadium. The'Lions' play a great brand of rugby, similar to Dean Ryan's early reign at Glos. Looks like the announcement that he's coming will be after this game. The negative statements from South Africa have dried up and it all seems to be very positive from the Gloucester side. The Lions play a very quick, exciting game (too loose sometimes) but they have power too.
Baz
Hall of Famer

The Vic 25 Mar 2017 14:17 pm said..

Baz wrote:Just watching the 'Lions' at 'The Kings' in an empty stadium. The'Lions' play a great brand of rugby, similar to Dean Ryan's early reign at Glos. Looks like the announcement that he's coming will be after this game. The negative statements from South Africa have dried up and it all seems to be very positive from the Gloucester side. The Lions play a very quick, exciting game (too loose sometimes) but they have power too.

Any idea when he might arrive? Will he see the season out with the Lions?
The Vic
Hall of Famer

caldiglaws 25 Mar 2017 14:26 pm said..

is the ackerman playing 7 a relaton
caldiglaws
Vice-Captain

ElverEater 25 Mar 2017 14:35 pm said..

Yes, Ruan Ackermann is Johan's son.
ElverEater
Senior squad member

Baz 25 Mar 2017 15:01 pm said..

The Super 15's finish on the 5th of August Vic. It'll be a problem but I would expect him to stay until then? I was hoping that there would be an interview with him at the end but sky switched sports. I hope that Bell get's until the end of our season.
Baz
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby