New Head Coach and Coaching Team

Re: New Head Coach and Coaching Team

RTS2 07 Mar 2017 21:37 pm said..

Glen Sannox wrote:I like your style: make a long list of people involved with rugby, and stick a pin into it....

:D
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Beddis 07 Mar 2017 21:43 pm said..

Has Stuart Lancaster signed on the dotted line yet? Has worked wonders with Leinster this season and is apparently the main reason they are performing like they are.
Posts: 2981  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis

Sky blue 07 Mar 2017 21:45 pm said..

Please no.
Sky blue
Hall of Famer

Beddis 07 Mar 2017 21:50 pm said..

Sky blue wrote:Please no.

As one of the favourites in the Heineken cup and top of the Pro 12, why not???
Beddis

Sky blue 07 Mar 2017 21:56 pm said..

Simply because I believe he did an abject job with England and had hardly excelled at club rugby with Leeds. However he has probably learned a great deal in the past 12 months or so...

Didn't he extend his contract recently?
Sky blue
Hall of Famer

TP17 07 Mar 2017 22:00 pm said..

Lancaster didn't exactly take on a poor Leinster side though, we need an Eddie Jones not a Lancaster
TP17
On the board

Beddis 07 Mar 2017 22:15 pm said..

TP17 wrote:Lancaster didn't exactly take on a poor Leinster side though, we need an Eddie Jones not a Lancaster

Leinster were not in a great shape when he arrived, they finished bottom of their Heineken Cup pool last season and although they reached the Pro 12 final, they were very much second best.

This season is a huge improvement and one of the main reasons is Lancaster, he essentially runs the coaching with Leo Cullen doing the DOR role.

I've a feeling he has signed to stay on although couldn't find anything to confirm that, but I will be honest, I wouldn't be disappointed if he was to be the next Head Coach of Glos and he would certainly have a few points to prove following the England debacle.
Beddis

DieTrying 07 Mar 2017 22:36 pm said..

I think we need a Coach who won't massage egos when they cock up.
DieTrying

TP17 07 Mar 2017 22:51 pm said..

Just need a coach that takes no crap, can't really imagine the players being grilled at half time by DH or LF when losing
TP17
On the board

Snevets49 07 Mar 2017 23:26 pm said..

The best 'coaches' in any modern day sport (or business), are the ones than adapt their style to a specific situation and to specific types of individuals. Sometimes, a general rollicking may be required, sometimes just a reiteration of technical points. Some individuals need a firm hand, some need their ego stroked.

'One size does not necessarily fit all"......

It's an urban myth that Alex Ferguson (as an example) gave the 'hair dryer treatment' all the time.
Snevets49
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby