Altrad - the real deal (not Villa either)

Re: Altrad - the real deal (not Villa either)

Robbiet 20 Mar 2017 13:33 pm said..

Perhaps David Humphreys is looking for a job in South Africa? :)
Robbiet
Turns out for the A team

RTS2 20 Mar 2017 13:37 pm said..

Hucclecote Glaws wrote:If the French press are correct, then why has David Humphreys flown to South Africa and Johan Ackermann is talking about whether to accept an offer?

Maybe Humphreys is the next fall guy . If Ackerman signs , Gloucester have some cover for a combined DOR / Head coach role until a new DOR is appointed (or otherwise) should it be decided that DH is no longer wanted .

If he doesn't sign then Humphreys has been seen to fail at getting his signature and loses some face over it ? .

I'm still of the mind that it's panic-time and that really concerns me . If we lose the remaining fixtures this season, my prediction is that there will be wholesale changes in the full coaching set-up with only Alex and perhaps Tim and McCarthy remaining . I know he's been "ticked-off" recently but I would have drafted the latter into the coaching set - up from the academy for the remaining fixtures.

He wouldn't have had to sit anywhere near the pitch ! :D

Jonny Bell giving a press conference today . He's a larger frame to hide behind than Fisher ; even with his hat on .
RTS2
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 20 Mar 2017 13:53 pm said..

We've had a mixed bag of recruits from RSA over the years on the playing side, more damp squibs than whizz bangs I would say.

If he does take it, then let's hope he's the real deal.
"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." .....John Lennon
King Prawn Bhuna

Lewi7 20 Mar 2017 13:55 pm said..

then let's hope he's the real deal.
- let's keep our fingers crossed that whoever and whatever the structure might be, that he / it's the real deal !
Posts: 3061  Location: Paris usually, sometimes London, Budapest, and other places ! Sometimes home in the 'Shire
Lewi7

Fat Taff 20 Mar 2017 13:57 pm said..

The speculation and conjecture is starting to look a tad tawdry and unprofessional.
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

Snevets49 20 Mar 2017 14:19 pm said..

Fat Taff wrote:The speculation and conjecture is starting to look a tad tawdry and unprofessional.

Most of it is on Shedweb so yes, you are correct......
8-)
Snevets49
Hall of Famer

Tump 20 Mar 2017 15:23 pm said..

We've had a mixed bag of recruits from RSA over the years on the playing side, more damp squibs than whizz bangs I would say.

If he does take it, then let's hope he's the real deal.

Thinus Delport and Jake Boer were great signings and servants to the club. Who were the duds then?
Tump
Senior squad member

Big Red 20 Mar 2017 15:42 pm said..

I'll weigh in with some duds....

Bezuidenhout, Davids, Van den Berg, Du Preez.
Big Red
On the board

Legendoft'Autostrada 20 Mar 2017 15:43 pm said..

I can name four who fell into the dud category:

Christo Bezuidenhuit; Quinton Davids; Ellaray du Prez; Riaan van der Berg.
Legendoft'Autostrada
Leg-end

Glen Sannox 20 Mar 2017 16:00 pm said..

They were when it was clear that money was v.v. tight, and we couldn't afford anyone decent - self-evidently that isn't the case at present
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
On the board
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion