Altrad - the real deal (not Villa either)

Re: Altrad - the real deal (not Villa either)

King Prawn Bhuna 20 Mar 2017 16:10 pm said..

Crikey, van der Berg......impressed. Not a name that came to mind.
"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." .....John Lennon
King Prawn Bhuna

Tump 20 Mar 2017 16:22 pm said..

Rudi Keil was also pretty good as I remember.
Tump
First team regular

RTS2 20 Mar 2017 16:36 pm said..

It must be getting to that time of the season :)

Not having been able to secure the definitive signature of a newishbie SA coach we are now trying to establish whether a good history or otherwise of Gloucester Rugby signing SA players will result in Ackermann being a decent Head Coach if he signs for us .

As for Easterby I'm wondering if Sara has been putting in a good word in someone's ear ? :) .

Not really at all successful at Scarlets. Now if he brought his boss at Ireland with him as DOR then we might be talking .
RTS2
Hall of Famer

TP17 20 Mar 2017 22:37 pm said..

'Billionaire Mohed Altrad hopes to have Gloucester takeover sealed this week'.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/ ... er-sealed/
TP17
Senior squad member

Fat Taff 21 Mar 2017 08:44 am said..

It's now a situation that can only be summed up by Haircut 100;

Where do we go from here,
Is it down to the lake I fear?
Ay ay ay ay ay ay,
Ay ya ya ya ya ya ya ya.

Indeed.
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

Castle Grim Reaper 21 Mar 2017 08:55 am said..

Fat Taff wrote:It's now a situation that can only be summed up by Haircut 100;

Shouldn't this be on the Harry Thacker thread :D
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer

A.N.Other 21 Mar 2017 09:05 am said..

Although some seem very quick to dismiss the French reporting of the PSA/Quesada/Azam rumours as lazy tabloid journalism, these stories have persisted for some time now. It appears to me, from the outside looking in, that Humphreys is trying to get Ackermann, Easterby, or quite frankly anyone, in position to sign a contract as head coach to secure his position as Director of Rugby before the Altrad deal is publicly confirmed. As some have already commented, all this conjecture (at times verging on propaganda), is not doing the club any good and I'm sure it will do everyone involved a great many favours to get this nailed down and let all parties know exactly where they stand ASAP.

Personally, the prospect of the PSA-led triumvirate fills me with a lot more excitement than Ackermann or Easterby - didn't Fisher have a similar track record of setting the world alight with the Brumbies in Super Rugby only to be unable to translate that into success at Gloucester (without even mentioning his disappointing period at Munster that seems to have been struck from the history books).

The fact that Quesada has won a Top 14 within the last couple of years, PSA has a premiership title on his résumé, and that he and Azam understand the mentality of the club intimately make this appear the far superior option to me. Add in the fact that we might secure some unknown French (and with Quesada possibly Argentinean) talent like the good old days of PSA's first tenure, and this, I believe, would provide some genuine cause for optimism.
A.N.Other
First team regular

StroudieGlaws 21 Mar 2017 09:06 am said..

TP17 wrote:'Billionaire Mohed Altrad hopes to have Gloucester takeover sealed this week'.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/ ... er-sealed/

This is another nothing to see here story. Regurgitating the Midi Olympique story. As I have said previously this saga dragging on does no good. There is no confirmation from anyone so when it's quiet its easy column inches filler.
StroudieGlaws
Hero in the making

Lewi7 21 Mar 2017 12:08 pm said..

I'm with you AN.Other on this.

There is the "what if" scenario:
- what if the MA deal doesn't happen or is delayed longer - DH has to find a new head coach, he's still got a job to do.
- what if the MA deal does happen - DH and everyone else's job is up for grabs, including SV's.
Anyone talking to DH would be wise to wait or if they do sign make sure they have a watertight contract.

So, before the MA deal is confirmed DH appoints someone, then the deal is confirmed and MA via proxy, appoints PSA etc - not beyond the realms of possibility. It's all a matter of timing, just be patient and hope.
Posts: 2944  Location: Rueil Malmaison, Paris, sometimes London, sometimes other places !
Lewi7

GammoGlos 21 Mar 2017 12:53 pm said..

Patience is a virtue Lewi. It might just be perception as it's close to home , but it does seem to be a long drawn out process. I think other clubs would have wrapped this up by now.
GammoGlos
Vice-Captain
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion