Vaughan the man in control!

Re: Vaughan the man in control!

tigerchef 10 Mar 2017 15:35 pm said..

As to echo all the good points about SV, I have nothing but utter respect for the man. I was not happy several months ago about the direction the team was going in. I emailed him some questions and he took the time to phone me up. Unfortunately I couldn't take the call, but he left me a 5 minute message going through all of my points and others as well. He even left me his work mobile number and said that I was free to give him a call anytime (within reason!) if I ever had any other concerns now or in the future. (He did say though not just to give his number out willy nilly, so dont ask ;) ) I then was fortunate to catch up with him in Bayonne and had a very pleasant chat with him.

As to who does what, i'm sure somebody will correct me if I am wrong. At the last supporters meeting (18 months ago?) SV stated that he run the non playing side of the club and DH stated that he was in charge of the playing side of the club.
tigerchef
Vice-Captain

forresterinyorks 10 Mar 2017 15:52 pm said..

I have only spoken to SV on the telephone and like others I found him to be informed, committed and enthusiastic. The club is, I believe, safe in his hands.
Never Stay Down.
forresterinyorks
On the board

AngarMgmt 10 Mar 2017 16:33 pm said..

I wrote a letter to him several weeks ago about an issue at Kingsholm. I included all my contact details but so far haven't received a reply.
AngarMgmt
Academy prospect

Castle Grim Reaper 10 Mar 2017 16:38 pm said..

AngarMgmt wrote:I wrote a letter to him several weeks ago about an issue at Kingsholm. I included all my contact details but so far haven't received a reply.

Have you posted it :(
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer

AngarMgmt 10 Mar 2017 17:13 pm said..

Yes, using Royal Mail First Class service.
AngarMgmt
Academy prospect

Asgard 10 Mar 2017 17:24 pm said..

So what's next, O.B.E., Knighthood or Beatification?
Asgard
Hall of Famer

Glen Sannox 10 Mar 2017 17:51 pm said..

or, perhaps, a bit of respect for a bloke doing a tough job in very trying circumstances?
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
On the board

shedwebadmin 10 Mar 2017 17:59 pm said..

+1 to that, GS..
Would be a much worse place without him..
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
shedwebadmin
Site Admin

grayjw 10 Mar 2017 18:17 pm said..

Yes indeed. How many of those criticising SV have ever met him or have any concept of how to run a professional rugby club. Yes we are all entitled to our opinions but there are far too many people on Shedweb who think they are experts in areas that they actually have little experience or knowledge of but seem to think they do. I have met SV and had never been other than impressed with him. We could not wish to have a better CEO at Kingsholm (in my opinion).
grayjw
Academy prospect

Pagan 10 Mar 2017 18:30 pm said..

Good grief. Who on earth is claiming to be an expert? Don't agree with someone's opinion? Fine but taking it down your line of argument is fatuous.

As for a tough job in trying circumstances? Again, I don't think that makes him exempt from scrutiny and I can think of far tougher jobs in the world.
Pagan
Turns out for the A team
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion