racing francais

Re: racing francais

lucifer 13 Mar 2017 16:45 pm said..

Glawsy, the 'new' London Irish team born out of the merger of Themselves, Richmond and London Scottish didn't have to start lower down the leagues.
lucifer
Vice-Captain

CMGC 13 Mar 2017 17:10 pm said..

Sadly I expect this won't be the last example of this kind of thing. This is what you get when rugby ( like football) becomes the plaything of rich individuals , who are there for their own ego and business pleasure. The merger is no more than what you would see with two business's in the same sector. Sadly it will be allowed and condoned. All countries apart from Eng and France are immune from this as they have the national body with some level of control who would be able to prevent this. I imagine that if MA takes GRFC and becomes best buddies with Brucie boy he could do the same here or indeed with the new owner at Bris when they go down. Assuming their two ego's fit into the same Dir' box !!!!!
If you want to sup with the Devil .....etc.
CMGC

DieTrying 13 Mar 2017 17:24 pm said..

GlawsyD wrote:In my mind, it beggers the question as to whether the 'new' club should be able to stay in the Top 14 (13). With the 'loss' of 2 clubs surely others from the league below should be promoted first and this new club should start lower down and earn the right.

As I read it, Racing are taking over SF. Therefore not a new club. However that should allow an extra Club from the Pro D2 to go up.
DieTrying

Miles 13 Mar 2017 17:43 pm said..

And they have announced it early for the players not retained to find a new club.

Could be of some interest to us.
Miles
Vice-Captain

Hucclecote Glaws 13 Mar 2017 17:45 pm said..

DieTrying wrote:
GlawsyD wrote:In my mind, it beggers the question as to whether the 'new' club should be able to stay in the Top 14 (13). With the 'loss' of 2 clubs surely others from the league below should be promoted first and this new club should start lower down and earn the right.

As I read it, Racing are taking over SF. Therefore not a new club. However that should allow an extra Club from the Pro D2 to go up.

The current proposal is that the 13th club in the Top 14 will play the loser of the Pro D2 final for the extra place.
Failure is not an option; it comes bundled with the software.
Hucclecote Glaws
On the board

madders 13 Mar 2017 19:01 pm said..

Paris - only 2m population. Surprising
madders
On the board

Marble Eye 13 Mar 2017 19:29 pm said..

The urban area centred on Paris has over 10½ million.
Marble Eye
Hall of Famer

Lebowski 13 Mar 2017 20:56 pm said..

Anybody think it might (euphamism for 'in all probability') just be a typo?
That rug really tied the room together!
Lebowski

HKC 13 Mar 2017 21:20 pm said..

Miles wrote:And they have announced it early for the players not retained to find a new club.

Could be of some interest to us.

Perhaps the coaches could be more pertinent...
HKC
Hero in the making

TP17 13 Mar 2017 21:58 pm said..

Does this make Gonzalo Quesada available? ;)
TP17
Senior squad member
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion