Re: France v Wales

Glen Sannox 18 Mar 2017 17:32 pm said..

Diminished in what way?
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

stuartjames 18 Mar 2017 17:37 pm said..

I missed the end, what happened to diminish the sport? Did Mr Barnes mess up or play to the rules?
stuartjames
Vice-Captain

chumba 18 Mar 2017 17:54 pm said..

Wales got all they deserved for their endless and nerveless cheating at the end. They were lucky to finish with more than 12 on the pitch. Understandable in the circumstances but very very cynical nonetheless
chumba
Vice-Captain

Tump 18 Mar 2017 18:40 pm said..

Barnes did well. The only big mistake he made was he didn't treat the two deliberate knock ons the same thus allowing Wales back in a game they were getting blown away in.
Tump
Senior squad member

Lebowski 18 Mar 2017 19:05 pm said..

I would be fascinated to hear explanations as to why the game has been diminished????

Personally I thought it was great theatre and I was gripped. Barnes did brilliantly IMO although I would question why he didn't stop the clock while Wales had a man in the bin and time was being wasted.
Lebowski

Chalker 18 Mar 2017 19:14 pm said..

There was also an argument for a penalty try when France took the tap penalty and two or three
Welsh players were not back 10. Surely a try would have been scored without their tackles/blocks? I have only seen it as it happened so could be wrong.
Chalker
On the board

Oxford Glaws 18 Mar 2017 19:30 pm said..

I thought at one point Dean Richards was going to run on carrying a severed arm. As much cheating as you'll ever see in 20 minutes overtime.
1Thes.5 [14] Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feeble-minded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.
Oxford Glaws
Hall of Famer

Tj36 18 Mar 2017 20:21 pm said..

Oxford Glaws wrote:I thought at one point Dean Richards was going to run on carrying a severed arm. As much cheating as you'll ever see in 20 minutes overtime.

Didn't see the game and am confused as to who was cheating? The BBC interview with AWJ suggest France, yet most of the comments say Wales? Was it as bad from both teams?
Tj36
Senior squad member

CMGC 18 Mar 2017 20:28 pm said..

Have you ever seen so many penalties in the red zone without a card being shown ( after the first yellow that is ). Tough job for WB to be fair. Talk about pressure !!!!!
CMGC

mishmash 18 Mar 2017 20:44 pm said..

France's replacement TH was taken off for a HIA after 78 minutes, the suspicion being it was not a strictly honest assessment by le'doctor.

The game then carried on for a further 21 minutes while Wales gave away a succession of penalties so the game couldn't end. France finally scored after 100 minutes.

I'd have more sympathy for the Welsh if half their team didn't spend half the game flapping their arms like seagulls at the referee. Biggar and Davies the worst offenders.
mishmash
Senior squad member
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby