France v Wales

Re: France v Wales

Oxford Glaws 18 Mar 2017 21:20 pm said..

Plus George North's alleged love bite. TBH there was so much going on with injured replacements and then the fourth official appearing to intervene then backing off. WB looked positively relieved when Chouly eventually crossed over, having held out for the penalty try by at least 10 minutes. Wales should have been down to 13 long before.
1Thes.5 [14] Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feeble-minded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.
Oxford Glaws
Hall of Famer

WitneyFoxy 18 Mar 2017 21:22 pm said..

Was Moriarty taken off for a HIA or was he substituted? If the latter how was he allowed back on? Certainly have to query how Slimani was allowed back as Antoine did not look to be needing a HIA but Wayne could not overrule the French doctor!
WitneyFoxy
First team regular

Beddis 18 Mar 2017 21:28 pm said..

WitneyFoxy wrote:Was Moriarty taken off for a HIA or was he substituted? If the latter how was he allowed back on? Certainly have to query how Slimani was allowed back as Antoine did not look to be needing a HIA but Wayne could not overrule the French doctor!

Moriarty was a blood replacement for Baldwin who had gone into the back row as Ball had gone off injured and no other replacements were left.

Howley really messed up today and I can't imagine him getting the gig full time now.
Posts: 2371  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis

Lebowski 18 Mar 2017 21:33 pm said..

The commentators suggested Moriarty was injured. That may not be the case but it did appear to be. He was then sent back on. If, and I say IF, he is now injured I think some serious questions have to be asked. Wales have shown over the past couple of years that they don't place player safety high on the agenda.
Lebowski

Glen Sannox 18 Mar 2017 21:40 pm said..

Supposedly a stinger from which he quickly recovered
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

stuartjames 19 Mar 2017 10:54 am said..

Any idea who actually scored the French try at the end.? Different reports state Chat, Maestri or Chouly
stuartjames
Vice-Captain

WitneyFoxy 19 Mar 2017 11:10 am said..

I thought the only reasons a player can come back on are:-
After passing a HIA successfully
Following a blood injury
A front row replacement where needed to enable competitive scrums.

Still unsure that Moriarty should have come back at the end. If went off for a stinger then surely that does not qualify.

Thought Moriarty had a good game overall and he is only Glos player with an outside chance of going with Lions in my view.
WitneyFoxy
First team regular

Beddis 19 Mar 2017 12:41 pm said..

stuartjames wrote:Any idea who actually scored the French try at the end.? Different reports state Chat, Maestri or Chouly

Chouly
Posts: 2371  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis

Not1eyed 19 Mar 2017 15:20 pm said..

I think Moriarty will go on lions tour. His versatility across the back row will help his case.
Not1eyed
Hero in the making

JC 19 Mar 2017 16:43 pm said..

That's karma - Wales persist about having the roof closed so their game and tactics can benefit from drier conditions, then when they get their way, they then proceed to heavily water the pitch prior to the Ireland match.
Posts: 278  Location: North County Dublin, via The Longlevens Hood, Castle Grim and Old Richians...
JC
Vice-Captain
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby