Ireland v England ogt

Re: Ireland v England ogt

torchy6 18 Mar 2017 20:39 pm said..

It was back to Bomber's day, we didn't know how to cope with Ireland's line speed and energy. Where was plan B for the second half? Back to the drawing board Eddie.
The world is oval - and that's a fact!
torchy6
Hall of Famer

Hucclecote Glaws 18 Mar 2017 20:45 pm said..

It'll be interesting to see how this match is viewed after the 2019 World Cup.
Failure is not an option; it comes bundled with the software.
Hucclecote Glaws
On the board

Lebowski 18 Mar 2017 20:51 pm said..

I thought Brown was supposed to be magnificent and all criticism of him just down to petty Gloucester myopia. Strangely quiet on that front this week.
Lebowski

plod 18 Mar 2017 21:01 pm said..

It would be churlish to pick him out for criticism; he was no worse nor better than the rest.
plod
Hero in the making

Not1eyed 18 Mar 2017 21:20 pm said..

Jonnymay would have made no diffference to this toothless England dosplay
Not1eyed
Hero in the making

Lebowski 18 Mar 2017 21:27 pm said..

Never been called churlish before.

Churlish - rude, mean-spirited, vulgar, bad-tempered, impolite.

And here was me thinking criticism of a player was simply a personal opinion.
Lebowski

Lebowski 18 Mar 2017 21:29 pm said..

Not1eyed wrote:Jonnymay would have made no diffference to this toothless England dosplay

Wow, 18 wins on the trot, they lose away by 4 points to a team who have recently beaten the ABs and you stick the boot in. 'Toothless' - maybe Ireland were actually very good! If only I had more than one eye and could be as objective as you.
Lebowski

Geoffy 18 Mar 2017 21:30 pm said..

Ireland were the better team today, and won deservedly.
England didn't lose because of Brown, who caught every high ball and showed the intensity sadly lacking in others.
He needs to be phased out before the next RWC (as does DH), but Watson was poor.
Itoje, BV and CL will have learnt some lessons today, and England can't thrive when players like JJ, BY and GF go missing.
Can't agree that Jonny would have made a difference today - more worried that Scott and Moriarty picked up injuries.
Back to the important stuff next weekend.
Geoffy
First team regular

SpiralScratch 18 Mar 2017 22:00 pm said..

I'm hoping England will have learned a lot from today - Ireland knew exactly what they had to do to beat them and excecuted it well.
Brown is very good at what he does well - and is always 100% commtted, but his lack of inclination to pass does make England limited and predictable when dealing with a side with a good kicking game.
Happy to admit he gets on my wick because I like to see at least one Glos player in the Eng team - and JMs chances to shine are limited by MB's refusal to release the ball to the wingers (all of them apparently - not just JM)
Interestingly EJ did make comment about the ball not going down the line - and don't think Watson or Nowell have performed any better or worse than Jonny - so hopefully he'll get another chance.
SpiralScratch
Hero in the making

steckers 18 Mar 2017 22:10 pm said..

Think this will benefit eng in the long run.
steckers
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby