Anglo - Welsh Cup Final: Exeter Chiefs v Leicester Tigers

Anglo - Welsh Cup Final: Exeter Chiefs v Leicester Tigers

Marble Eye 19 Mar 2017 14:30 pm said..

Fraser Balmain set to start at TH for Tigers.
Owen Williams on the bench.
Marble Eye
Hall of Famer

Re: Anglo - Welsh Cup Final: Exeter Chiefs v Leicester Tiger

Chalker 19 Mar 2017 15:00 pm said..

Why would anyone take a drum to a rugby match?
Chalker
On the board

TP17 19 Mar 2017 15:20 pm said..

I've turned off, was sending me to sleep, hopefully Exeter get the win
TP17
Vice-Captain

caldiglaws 19 Mar 2017 15:20 pm said..

lots going on pitch cutting up badly at scrum time Mr Burns kicking a longish penalty into wind and an Exete winger scoring a try and one i would like to see in glaws colours way before Nowell
caldiglaws
Vice-Captain

Thaddeus Griffin 19 Mar 2017 15:33 pm said..

Hopefully a dull final at a half-empty Stoop will consign this competition to the history books.
Thaddeus Griffin
Vice-Captain

Glen Sannox 19 Mar 2017 20:03 pm said..

Was cheering Tigers on and was delighted to see them win.

Balmain will certainly bolster the scrum, but unless someone gets to work on his fitness, don't expect too much in the loose...not the quickest round the park! (understatement!)
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
On the board

Legendoft'Autostrada 19 Mar 2017 20:27 pm said..

Glen Sannox wrote:Was cheering Tigers on and was delighted to see them win.

Balmain will certainly bolster the scrum, but unless someone gets to work on his fitness, don't expect too much in the loose...not the quickest round the park! (understatement!)

I thought he did well in the scrum and alright elsewhere particularly when you take into account he has hardly played this season. Very difficult to be match fit without playing matches.
Legendoft'Autostrada
Leg-end

RTS2 20 Mar 2017 13:19 pm said..

Legendoft'Autostrada wrote:

I thought he did well in the scrum and alright elsewhere particularly when you take into account he has hardly played this season. Very difficult to be match fit without playing matches.

Fair point by both of you . What concerns me is where he will fit in the pecking order . I'm still sure there is likely to be a mini exodus btw. I can't see him getting in the League squad . Just don't . Not sure why we've signed him, as if he doesn't make the match day squad then he's not going to get any fitter !! .
RTS2
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 20 Mar 2017 13:31 pm said..

What sort of pitch do they have at the Stoo?. It was looking pretty dead and threadbare in patches, but seemed to have a distinct grid in the layout that made it look a pretty poor hybrid.

Surprised that Gloucester didn't pitch for the game...about 90 from Leicester and 110 from Exeter...and would probably have been close to a full house like the neutral game a few years ago (was that the Parker Pen?).
"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." .....John Lennon
King Prawn Bhuna

SIBARITE 23 Mar 2017 14:21 pm said..

RTS2 wrote:
Legendoft'Autostrada wrote:

Fair point by both of you . What concerns me is where he will fit in the pecking order . I'm still sure there is likely to be a mini exodus btw. I can't see him getting in the League squad . Just don't . Not sure why we've signed him, as if he doesn't make the match day squad then he's not going to get any fitter !! .

Thought he looked powerful in the scrum. A good pre season and what looks a very good prospect should make the cut.
SIBARITE
On a trial

Return to General Discussion