Feeding

Feeding

RTS2 20 Mar 2017 13:01 pm said..

Is it just me or has anyone else forgotten the last time they saw a straight put-in at scrum time? .

I just don't see the point in keeping the feeding rule in place as referee's seldom enforce this element of law around the set- piece .

I think the word "Hooker" should be limited to its more "unsavoury" meaning; and perhaps the player wearing number 2 should now be called thrower , as the trade of "hooking" has become a dying one . Perhaps the scrum - half could be renamed "chucker" at scrum-time , and unless the law is changed they should be allowed to be called something rhyming with it ?.
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Re: Feeding

Castle Grim Reaper 20 Mar 2017 13:09 pm said..

Never thought I would use the expression but are you a verbose Brian Moore :D
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer

RTS2 20 Mar 2017 13:12 pm said..

Castle Grim Reaper wrote:Never thought I would use the expression but are you a verbose Brian Moore :D

:D
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Hucclecote Glaws 20 Mar 2017 13:18 pm said..

Didn't the referee in Treviso give free kicks against both teams for feeding? It's the first time I've seen it for years mind.
Failure is not an option; it comes bundled with the software.
Hucclecote Glaws
On the board

Glen Sannox 20 Mar 2017 16:14 pm said..

The current interpretation is that if any part of the ball (even 1mm) touches the centre line at any point in the feed, it's legal - it stinks, but it's OK. I suspect most of those in the 6N and the AP just about meet that criterion. I really can't see World Rugby enforcing a change to that guidance, although I believe they should.

They're frightened of hooking because of the instability inherent in it - fear of injury I'm afraid.
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
On the board

CMGC 20 Mar 2017 17:15 pm said..

WR sticking to allowing feeds to make the scrums more stable !!!!!! How's that working out then??
CMGC

Simmo468 20 Mar 2017 17:41 pm said..

It's one thing to put the ball in a little scewed to your favour but these days it's going in under the flanker!
Simmo468
Hero in the making

Marble Eye 20 Mar 2017 20:38 pm said..

It's a wide centre-line.
Marble Eye
Hall of Famer

Lewi7 20 Mar 2017 20:42 pm said..

I love the irony of throwing in at the linout being called "not straight" to then allowing exactly that at the resultant scrum !

Might aswell as not bother with either. A different code did just that some years back.
Posts: 3061  Location: Paris usually, sometimes London, Budapest, and other places ! Sometimes home in the 'Shire
Lewi7

Dadofvik 20 Mar 2017 21:00 pm said..

I noticed in one of the games over the recent weekend, one scrum half actually stood opposite the tunnel formed between the front and second row (think it was Webb). Very clever to put in straight from that. Mind, same at line outs, ball is straight, but diwn the line of one side; also fed up with the line moving from the mark and the touch judge following. The other line out is, that all throwers now stand on or inside the touchline, always a foul, because you should be outside the area of play. So there!
Dadofvik
Vice-Captain
Next

Return to General Discussion