Who was booing?

Re: Who was booing?

covglaws 16 Apr 2017 09:54 am said..

Returning to the thread title. There was indeed a fair amount of booing at half time, certainly in the middle of the Shed anyway. Driven by frustration with the ref, I'd say, particularly his refusal to look at high tackle leading to our try. OK we got the try, but........
covglaws
Hall of Famer
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Posts: 1786  Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!

madders 16 Apr 2017 10:20 am said..

Inconsistency yet again from referees - so frustrating.
madders
Hall of Famer
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!

Jono026 16 Apr 2017 10:24 am said..

So what about all the Sale fans in the end of JS Stand who were booing for Glos last try and even more so when Burns took the conversion...

Think they need to look closer to home before blaming others....
Jono026
Vice-Captain

SpiralScratch 16 Apr 2017 11:16 am said..

They could have been booing their full back's kick that gifted possesion to Marshall - and resulted in a try almost immediately.
If not they probably should have been. :)
SpiralScratch
Hero in the making

Salefan 16 Apr 2017 11:40 am said..

Jono026 wrote:So what about all the Sale fans in the end of JS Stand who were booing for Glos last try and even more so when Burns took the conversion...

Think they need to look closer to home before blaming others....

Had come on to say what a good day we'd had yesterday and will come back to that shortly.
Firstly the message on our boards seems v strange as it's not someone you see on there often, and as someone who was at the game I didn't hear any booing, pantomime or not at half time.
Just to check standing at that end of the shed, and watching the full game back to double check, after your last try there was no booing on the audio, in fact the only thing heard is Mr Tempest asking Burns to hurry his kick up. So can you elaborate how no one near by, or any of the TV microphones have picked up this apparent carcophany of boos.....

Anyhow away from that. Just want to say thanks for an absolutely belting afternoon on the shed. The guys we were stood with were as knowledgeable and welcoming set of fans our group has encountered. The game overall had an end of season feel to it and was a reasonable specatcle to watch I thought. Anyway, good next week and we'll be back next season bringing some non Japanese chocolate with us!
Salefan
On a trial

madjake 16 Apr 2017 12:20 pm said..

There was booing but at the ref for not reviewing the late tackles in the build up to a try. It had been replayed on the big screen.
madjake
On the board

Stroud Wizard 17 Apr 2017 16:30 pm said..

Still a pleasure on the whole to attend rugby at Gloucester where rival supporters mix amicably. Unfortunately there is a consistent small minority who let Gloucester down. I have been standing at the Stowford Press end for years and like it or booing does exist. Idiots were actually booing Sale as they took to the field at the start of the game. They are the exception to the rule but it grates. No good saying one finds that everywhere as that is a cop out. One of the idiots took delight in chanting that Sale were 'a load of muppets. He did however stop when I took issue with him. These loathsome individuals let the side down. Let us not pretend that such incidents do not exist and take measures to stamp it out. It could be the slippery slope.
Stroud Wizard
Vice-Captain

Oxford Glaws 18 Apr 2017 08:29 am said..

We are starting to attract the sort of idiots you see at England matches (albeit less well-heeled). There was a bunch of them on the 11.15 train on the way over from Swindon. They were embarrassing themselves by their lack of rugby knowledge -the only player they knew was Laidlaw and they were boasting that they were going to be singing "We are in the Shed and it's got a roof on it" :oops: . They were drinking cans of Heineken (which was clearly a potent variant of the usual nats') and effing and blinding in front of a mixed carriage. In the end, I had to have a word and, to be fair, they apologised. But it's the way we are headed I'm afraid and these ridiculous stag parties don't help.
Oxford Glaws
Hall of Famer
www.fumblings.net

Gib123 18 Apr 2017 08:44 am said..

Stroud Wizard wrote:Still a pleasure on the whole to attend rugby at Gloucester where rival supporters mix amicably. Unfortunately there is a consistent small minority who let Gloucester down. I have been standing at the Stowford Press end for years and like it or booing does exist. Idiots were actually booing Sale as they took to the field at the start of the game. They are the exception to the rule but it grates. No good saying one finds that everywhere as that is a cop out. One of the idiots took delight in chanting that Sale were 'a load of muppets. He did however stop when I took issue with him. These loathsome individuals let the side down. Let us not pretend that such incidents do not exist and take measures to stamp it out. It could be the slippery slope.

I hope he didn't actually say "muppet" that would be outrageous :shock: ;)
Gib123

glosfan1961 18 Apr 2017 09:25 am said..

the only booing I heard from the JS stand was when Johnny may got tacked illegally, he's quiet tall and to go head height tackle must have been deliberate dirty play!!! sale player deserved the booing and even citing!!
glosfan1961
First team regular
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby