New cotton home shirt!!!

Re: New cotton home shirt!!!

Baz 18 Aug 2017 19:25 pm said..

GlawsDan wrote:I seem to remember Stephen Vaughan responding to a fan's question through the Citizen as to why Glaws did not sell Cotton rugby shirts. He said the sheer price of making them was the reason.
Therefore, we cannot be too surprised that this shirt appears more expensive than others. The club won't have made huge amounts of these shirts so they were always likely to be expensive.
I'm pleased SV listened to the fans and that one has been made. It looks great.

Absolutely. Also the meeting with a few supporters a month or so ago, no doubt somebody mentioned this. The club probably reacting to it? Moaning when it isn't done, moaning when it is?
:shock:
Baz
Hall of Famer

madders 18 Aug 2017 19:28 pm said..

GRFC no longer exists..... it's Gloucester Rugby nowadays.
madders
Hall of Famer

torchy6 18 Aug 2017 19:42 pm said..

madders wrote:GRFC no longer exists..... it's Gloucester Rugby nowadays.

It exists for me and thousands more besides, I suppose you like that stupid badge as well :roll:
The world is oval - and that's a fact!
torchy6
Hall of Famer

madders 18 Aug 2017 19:44 pm said..

No Torchy, just stating a fact!
madders
Hall of Famer

Glaws 18 Aug 2017 20:05 pm said..

caldiglaws wrote:So a single shopkeeper in Gloucester can go out an buy his shirts cheaper than a multi million pound rugby club along with the buying power of the sponsors and clothing manufacturer
But there again aldi lidl and b&m can supply their goods cheaper than tesco sainsburys and M&S its all about profit margins
It appears Grfc wants to be a premier league football club not a team for real rugby fans anymore

How people in this day and age expect to a professional sports club to still act like little local team is beyond me. We want grfc to be a premier team.... Hence we're in 'The Premiership'. I'm sure you'd be the first to moan if we started posting multimillion pound debts.
Glaws
Vice-Captain

Snevets49 18 Aug 2017 20:25 pm said..

A few years ago, when the good king Wray joined forces with the evil empire of Johan Rupert, I recall some loyal and long term Sarries fans uttering very similar sentiments to 'not for real rugby fans anymore'.

Don't hear much from them anymore....

I suspect if/when Glaws achieve similar success to Sarries, our supporters views will change similarly - success breeds acceptance apparently........

Fickleness is a wonderous thing.
;)
Snevets49
Hall of Famer

Jackal 18 Aug 2017 20:30 pm said..

Even if we did by some miracle win the league, I ain't paying £75 for a shirt covered in sponsor logos. Fickle, nor an idiot, I am not...
Gloucester born and bred
Jackal
First team regular

Jono026 18 Aug 2017 20:55 pm said..

Unfortunatly I have to agree that it's just the usual money making madness from Gloucester.

Example: Glos Superdry shirts on the website and in store 'reduced to £35' ... yet direct from Superdry.... £21.99.

Maybe they're just buying up those and adding 50% as their profit? Poor sales research by them. If any was done.
Jono026
Vice-Captain

Russglos 18 Aug 2017 20:59 pm said..

I was made redundant on Wednesday. My colleagues bought me a voucher for £35 for the shop in the Quays,

I went in there today and couldn't see a thing I wanted. It's all relative I suppose.

Might get a polo.
Russglos
Senior squad member

Snevets49 18 Aug 2017 21:02 pm said..

Jackal wrote:Even if we did by some miracle win the league, I ain't paying £75 for a shirt covered in sponsor logos. Fickle, nor an idiot, I am not...

And that's your justifiable choice.

But I suspect that a % of others will be take a different view - everyone is different.

P.s
My curent replica shirt that missus or I haven't ruined in wash has eagle star on it...
(C&g and unipart versions are long gone unfortunately) and so am happy with what we have.

But if I had nothing else I probably would buy the latest.

That's what supporters do, eventually, however illogical it is.
Snevets49
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby